The hundred business tips and tricks for your success in doing business. This post is so special. This is our 100th post in this blog! Yes, thank God for making us this far. Thank you to our readers who continuously follow us. This is so far the longest article I have written (around 1,751 words). This lists a hundred business and personal success tips, broken down into 10 categories for your convenience. You may scroll down to the specific topic you are most interested, or you may simply read it all piece by piece. They are real; they are free; they are deep; they are powerful; and they will help you become a better business person. Here they are; thank you and enjoy your success!
Starting a business
1. Don’t start if you don’t see a concrete end; invest time on defining your mission and vision.
2. Set your objectives; target your goals. Don’t start too big; divide and conquer.
3. Make the right procedures for each of your objectives; establish the steps to reach your goals.
4. Assess your resources i.e., money, time, skills, education, experience, people and passion.
5. Name your business; build you business name.
6. Don’t start operating without a license to operate. Register your business with the government regulatory agencies.
7. Before you take the risks, learn how to control them.
8. Make the S.M.A.R.T.E.S.T (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound, enthusiastic, scrutinized and tested) plan.
9. Be a business scientist; do experiments.
10. Build great foundations. Create business policies based on good principles (e.g., equality, quality, charity, trust, confidence, patience, diligence and discipline).
Winning the business competition
11. Be the first.
12. If you’re not the first, be the best.
13. If you’re not the best, be unique.
14. Know your enemies, especially your worst enemy – the enemy within you. Control yourself!
15. Spy on your competitors, and don’t forget to spy on yourself. Monitor your own plans if they are running as planned.
16. If you can’t compete, cooperate.
17. Be friendly and form a large army
18. Before you conquer your enemies, conquer your own people first – be sure that they are united, loyal, motivated and obedient.
19. Stick to your game plan; be patient, diligent, smart, and listen to your coach.
20. You can forget the competition; just help people and provide them with the best solutions. This is how you will win their smiles.
21. To attract customers, you need to be attracted to them first. You need to think about them, feel about them, care for them, and act for them.
22. Hear your customers’ questions and answer them; determine their problems and give them the right solutions.
23. Make honesty your best company policy; be true to your words. Never deceive your customers; they are your allies.
24. Your clients and customers are humans. That is why even though the technology is rising, still be human.
25. Educate your customers about the things that will improve their lives, and set your products to assure their better lives.
26. Target your market and type of customers; start a niche. Start small according to your resources. After you dominate a certain niche, it’s time to expand.
27. Always be thankful to your clients. Give them discounts and giveaways. Always smile to them and say hello.
28. Be accessible, whether online or offline.
29. Have a reputable brand and maintain your integrity. Don’t wait for their complains, but prevent their complains from happening by ensuring quality and customers’ satisfaction.
30. Provide them with more than what they pay; give them your extra products and services, such as your customer support, friendliness, accommodation, reliability and other extra qualities. If you practice this, they will also give you more than what they pay, such as their loyalty, patronage and word-of-mouth.
31. Be a strict yet a gentle leader. Be gentle in rebuking, but be strong in implementing the rules.
32. Be the greatest among your people… by being the one who serves the most.
33. Hire and employ people not for money, and expect them to work for you not for your money.
34. Keep all your people fresh. Don’t keep a rotten tomato inside your organization; it might corrupt the others.
35. Be a great leader by empowering your people and making them leaders of themselves.
36. Break unnecessary walls and gaps among your employees; open the windows for them.
37. Make your employees happy by starting the happiness within you.
38. Be a leader by giving them destination and direction. Be a follower by seeing to it that no one is left at the back, but you.
39. Be an example… a good, clear and actual example.
40. Search and hire the best personnel, and train them well.
The public and the government
41. Laws are made to regulate and harmonize people and the society – follow them.
42. Plan your taxes; pay your taxes.
43. Always ask receipts from your suppliers; always give receipts to your customers.
44. Don’t forget that nature fights back. Hence, be Earth-friendly.
45. Don’t forget your social responsibility; go to charity.
46. Public office is a public trust. Private office should also be a public trust – trustworthy doesn’t matters privacy.
47. Honor the government and the government will also honor you.
48. Do business with humility and integrity.
49. Carefully observe the Labor laws and assure that your employees are receiving the right amount of benefits.
50. Know what is right or wrong; but only do what is right. Be ethical!
All about the money
51. “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.” ( 1 Timothy 6:10). I repeat, it’s the “love of money”, not the “money” that is the root of all evil.
52. If you have the money, the best thing to buy is “time” to be with your loved ones.
53. Spend your money not on things that will give you another money, but on things that will give more than money.
54. Start establishing your emergency or contingency fund now, if you haven’t yet.
55. Analyze your cash flow on a regular basis and make a budget.
56. Don’t be hasty with making money. Lasting profits are those which are planted like trees, not like grasses.
57. Money is the first thing you can sacrifice in doing business… not your family and never your integrity.
58. Knowledge, wisdom, understanding and insight will save a lot of your money.
59. In business, it’s not only money that you need to pay; you must also pay attention, dedication and respect.
60. Bear in mind that business is not all about money; money only adds to it.
The truth about investing
61. Practice good mathematics, and learn how to calculate the allowable and acceptable risks.
62. Investing is not all about uncertainties and taking the risks; it’s all about finding precision and managing the risks.
63. “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33)”. Invest on love and things that last forever; this is how enduring returns (lasting profits and prosperity) will add up to you.
64. Diversify your investments, but be sure to take care of them all.
65. Have investing policies; design a strategy that you can adopt and apply best.
66. Know economics; understand the trends.
67. Make a financial and investing plan, and again, stick to those plans. Also simplify these plans.
68. Invest on the future of your organization, which include your people, you and the whole organization.
69. Learn how to read and understand your financial statements, as well as the financial statements of others.
70. Don’t just invest your money, but also invest your sincerity. Don’t just invest time, but also invest great moments and events.
Health and business
71. Health is wealth, but wealth is not health. This only means that we should prioritized health over wealth.
72. The health of your employees means productivity. Hence, you should always take care of their health, physically, mentally, emotionally and morally.
73. Don’t skip breakfast and eat regularly. Drink enough water and learn how to love eating fruits.
74. Distinguish exhaustion from boredom. Rest when you’re tired; keep yourself busy when you’re bored.
75. Relax and do not overreact. Stress is all about your reaction.
76. You can also try fasting. Remember that man does not live by bread alone.
77. Government warning: cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health. Can you read it?
78. Be a disciple of discipline
79. Take a break; even machines need a break. Also consider giving breaks to your employees.
80. Don’t just watch what you eat; don’t eat it if it’s not healthy!
All about you
81. You can only be a customer-oriented and people-oriented business person, if you are an inner-self-oriented person.
82. Real success is achieved when you are already sharing success.
83. If you want to find ultimate success, find the selfless you.
84. Business development starts from personal development. You cannot develop your business, unless you develop other lives. Likewise, you cannot develop yourself if you can’t develop other selves.
85. You’ve got to have the best defense against your worst enemy – yourself.
86. Take time to identify your personal principles; take more time to correct them.
87. Be perfect. If it’s hard for you to do that, then just set your direction to perfection.
88. Live your life not only to the fullest, but also to the deepest.
89. Learn to truly love yourself. If you don’t know how to love yourself, how can you love others? Fill yourself with good virtues; depart from earthly things that corrupt you.
90. Don’t just dream success, desire it! If you’re doing it right, no matter how hard it is, don’t quit!
The spirit of business
91. “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” – Acts 20:35
92. Be diligent, be fruitful, and give glory to God.
93. Purify your mind; put light and truth on it.
94. Purify your heart; put love on it.
95. Purify your soul; practice true love.
96. Purify your life; live your life, practice true love.
97. You cannot serve both money and God. Thus, serve God, while making money your servant.
98. Have faith, and work your faith. Work on rewards that can be treasured in heaven.
99. Have compassion, charity, forgiveness, faithfulness, patience, peace and gentleness.
100. Bind all the virtues in #99 with love.
Thank you. We are hoping to meet you again in our next hundred posts!