The brain helps us to succeed in life through many ways. However, overusing the brain may also become the reason of our failure. Too much thinking and overanalyzing can make us inefficient, exhausted and vulnerable to incorrect decisions and wrong actions. Most people don’t realize that there are many choices to be made and doings to be done that don’t require much usage of the brain. We don’t always need to be an intelligent person to do some things that can make us the successful person that we want. The following are 15 no-brainer ways and tips to achieving success in our journey to life.
1. Smile. You don’t need to be an educated one to make a smile. A month old baby can already make a smile. Even a dog has its own smiling face. Smiling has many benefits in life. It gives us good health and a pleasant energy that we can use to start our day positively. A smiling manager can inspire and increase his workers’ productivity. A smiling salesperson can multiply the number of his loyal customers, resulting to increased profitability. So always have a smile. Just make sure to wear a real one.
2. Be honest. Deceiving people and pretending with someone else require a lot of thinking. Why don’t you just become honest and tell the truth? Just say no if the right answer is no, and yes if it’s yes. Many people are suffering from problems brought by accepting things they don’t really want to accept, and by letting go of things they really don’t want to lose. Further, deceit and lying cannot bring you permanent success. They will eventually make a person fallen and punished.
3. Start jogging or running. A lot of stress, problems and thoughts can make people lazy. This is because their brains are occupied and feeling heavy. Jogging or running, depending on the right exercise for you, doesn’t require a lot of thinking. So just bring yourself on the track and do some exercise. It is a no-brainer task to move your feet, isn’t it? We all know that being always fit can help us accomplish many jobs more effectively and efficiently.
4. Eat your breakfast. As we continue in conditioning our body, another no-brainer way to make your everyday life positive and near to success is to take your breakfast regularly. Well, it only needs your hands, mouth, teeth, tongue and eyes to take your breakfast. Your brain can just relax. A good breakfast is a good thing to start your day everyday.
5. Take a rest. Take a nap or take a sleep. Your brain may be tired and exhausted from work. If you give it regular and adequate time to recover and rejuvenate, it will make your brain healthier, wiser and faster. And the best thing on it – taking a rest is a no brainer-task.
6. Cry a tear. Preventing your tears to not fall out in times of extreme depression and sadness is not good for your body, heart and the brain itself. Tears cleanse your broken heart; comfort your stressed mind; and even restore your tormented soul. Crying is obviously a no-brainer task, yet it shows how true and human you are. So gently cry a tear if necessary – just don’t overdo it.
7. Have a generous heart. Greed is a result of discontentment, and discontentment is caused by too much thinking of the things that we still want to have. Even the poor are generous enough to share the little things they only have – and they achieve real happiness for that. So why there are many rich and wealthy people who don’t become charitable? Their greedy thoughts freeze their hands to share. To attain real joy in life, we need to have contentment and have a generous heart. Remember that it’s more blessed to give than to receive.
8. Pray and thank God. Well, it may require your brain to memorize all the things that you want to ask about God, but thanking God that you’re alive only needs your humble heart. Besides, the Almighty One already knows what you want even before you ask. Praying and being grateful to God give us the faith we need to continue despite of all the challenges, hardships and troubles we face in life. Take note that faith produces patience; patience produces diligence, and diligence produces success!
9. End your daydreaming. Don’t waste so much time on daydreaming. It’s time to face reality and time to get what you dream. Stop overusing your brain and start using your hands to work on those dreams. Although daydreaming can make our mind imaginative, it can also make our life stagnant if we overdo it. Hence, relax you brain cells, then start to stretch your bones to do the physical and actual work.
10. Repeat the good things. A good habit is one of the important keys to a person’s success. And to have a good habit, you need to repeat your good actions. Repeating something you already know or you have already done is not that hard for the brain. You will just redo what you have previously done. You also need to know that our excessive curiosity and imagination are some of the major reasons why we depart from our good habits. They sometimes make people impractical and foolish. Therefore, to succeed in life, we need to just continue the good things we have and make them better, instead of becoming too curious on the things that can only lead us to bad actions, as well as to bad habits.
11. Have mercy. What are the disadvantages of being a revengeful person? If you know the answer, you will also know the benefits of being a merciful one. Vengeance makes war and conflicts unending, while mercy gives true relief not only for the person who asks it but also for the one who gives it. Pride, one of the reasons of revenge, is usually planted in the brain. To be a forgiving person, you need to soften your heart by cleansing your mind. The key to forgive is to forget. So give your brain a break, and stop remembering the sins of people who have sinned to you. Remember that when God forgives your sin, He also forgets it.
12. Ignore people’s unfair criticisms. If you want to reach your destination more efficiently, refrain from paying attention to nonsensical criticisms which are thrown to you by the people around you. Don’t let your brain run on what they are saying, unless of course if they make sense. So focus on reaching your dreams and don’t think about what they say. Their nonsense talks are not worthy of your attention.
13. Don’t be shy. There is a saying from Woody Allen that “80% of success is showing up”. Though Eighty percent may not be accurate, showing up and eliminating your shyness can move you closer to success. So stop thinking what people will say to you if you will fail or lose. As long as you know and you reasonably believe that you will do what is right, just do it!
14. Claim your share of blame. Being just and accountable can make you a better leader. So don’t be too busy in thinking how you can protect yourself from the possible punishments for your faults and mistakes. Every mistake you will admit will make you a better person. Hence, don’t use your brain to hesitate – just admit it and have a clear conscience!
15. Ask for help. When a person is placed in a situation where he can’t already accomplish any task all by himself, asking for help becomes a natural option. However, because of worrying that his pride or independence may be destroyed, he refrains from asking such help. Asking people’s help is one important key to achieve success. However, most people avoid it for some reasons which they are keeping in their minds, such as the pride that we mentioned earlier. Now if you really want to become a successful person, it’s time to avoid thinking about your pride – just say the word help!
I hope that those no-brainer tips above have guided you closer to life’s success.