Health is wealth. Being healthy will give you more time and energy to do your work and run your business optimally. It will also save you from spending money on medical bills due to unexpected illness. That is why it is very important that every business owner and entrepreneur invest not only on their companies, but also on their health and wellness. Free yourself from stress and diseases. Here are 20 health, fitness and wellness tips for business owners and entrepreneurs.
1. Be an early riser. Waking up early has a lot of health and wellness benefits. Among them are the following:
– Being able to take your breakfast, which is a healthy habit.
– Having enough time to accomplish your tasks for the day.
– Having enough time to do your exercise.
– Avoiding the stressful rush hour and traffic.
– Waking up without the noise of your surroundings.
– Having the good feeling of seeing the sunrise.
2. Do your workout or exercise in the morning. If you can be an early riser, then it’s best to do your exercise in the morning. This will make you feel good for the rest of the day. When you’re already done with your workout in the morning, you can already focus on your work and achieve more productivity.
3. Have enough sleep. Having enough rest and sleep will give your body enough time to repair your damaged cells you got during working hours and doing your exercise. If you are doing bodybuilding or strength workouts, it will also give your body enough time to repair your damaged muscle tissues and replace them with stronger ones.
4. Take care of your eyes. Our sight is one of the most important senses we use to work with our business. That is why we must protect our eyes at all cost. Don’t overuse your eyes, but always give them the time to rest and recover from work. Moreover, eat foods that are rich in Omega-3 fats, such as salmon, sardines, mackerel, walnuts, and flax seeds.
5. Take short breaks during working days. Sitting on your office chair the whole day is bad for your health. Take short breaks and have time for stretching your body. You can also use these series of time to give your eyes some break from facing the computer.
6. Take regular vacations. Regularly escape from the stressful environment of your working place. Have a nice vacation with your family and loved ones to balance your work and life. Remember this quote from Leonardo Da Vinci:
“Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer; since to remain constantly at work will cause you to lose your power of judgment. Go some distance away because the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance, and a lack of harmony or proportion is more readily seen.” -Leonardo Da Vinci
7. Always smile. Smiling is a habit that will not only make your body healthy, but will also make your relationship with customers and employees healthy too.
8. Be faithful. Whatever your religion or belief is, do your best to resonate, justify and strengthen it. When you’re your faith is strong, your worries and fear go away. Also remember that faith grows when it is practiced.
9. Pray and forgive. Praying has a lot of health benefits. It cleanses your thoughts and emotions, and give you hope. However, before your ask forgiveness from your sins and guilt, make sure to forgive also the people who have sinned to you so that you may have inner peace.
10. Be honest. Honesty can also be the best policy when it comes to having good health. It will set you free, build your trustworthiness, provide you with a clean conscience, and give you good night’s sleep.
11. Be charitable. If you want to have a healthy heart, have a cheerful and generous heart. Doing charity will give you a great feeling that is good for your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
12. Eat slowly. You don’t need to escape meal and starve yourself to lose weight and be fit. You also don’t need to eat in bulk to gain strength. Healthy eating habit just requires you to eat at the right time and eat the right speed. Eating slowly and chewing your food the right way will give your tummy and your whole digestive system enough time to digest what you intake. It will also regulate your metabolism.
Moreover, it will build your self-discipline and keep you away from gluttony, which is risky for your health, finances, and even dangerous to your soul.
13. Educate yourself. Increase your knowledge and wisdom, and you will increase your chance to be fit and healthy. The Internet is rich on information, and they are just readily accessible. So start your research now.
14. Just do it. Don’t over analyze things. Life is not easy, it’s the fact. However, it doesn’t mean life is not simple. Hence, do you best to simplify things from making decisions to executing them. Don’t complicate life. There are other things that don’t even require your thinking to be done right. You may read our post about “15 no-brainer ways to succeed in life” to learn more.
15. Visit your doctor regularly. Perhaps you’re an expert in business, finance, marketing, or whatever field you’re in. But it doesn’t mean you have to be your own expert in medicine as well. Always seek the advice of your doctor – the expert on medicine. You may also consult other experts, such as an expert nutritionist or physical trainer to effectively build your good health and wellness.
16. Stop smoking. Stop killing your precious time, money, and lung cells.
17. Moderate alcoholic drinks. A little wine a day might be good for your health, but too much drinking will not cause you any good. It will consume your body, mind, time, pocket, and even affect your business. Drunkenness is also a form of gluttony.
18. Associate with healthy people. If you want to be healthy, be with people who are health conscious and who will always influence you to take care of your health and wellness.
19. Promote health to others. Teach people how to be healthy, and be a role model. If you are promoting health and wellness to other people, you will be more motivated to take care of your own health and fitness.
20. Have healthy relationships. Build harmonious relationship with your employees. Maintain good and lasting relationship with your customers. Don’t forget your friends, families and loved ones too. If you are keeping healthy and sound relationships, you will also keep your mind, body, and soul healthy.
So, do you want to have a healthy business? Start by making yourself a healthy business person or entrepreneur.