Working online is great because you can do it anywhere and anytime as long as you have a decent Internet connection. You can also run your online business at home, giving you more flexible time and opportunities to be with your family. Aside from making it a home-based business, you can also build an online business in a corporate environment, hiring employees and having your office in a business district. If you think you have what it takes to be an online entrepreneur, here are 20 online business ideas you may start in the Philippines in 2015.
1. Website design. Businesses, organizations and individuals (like professionals, celebrities and even politicians) need a website to promote their brands online. Although there are already many web designers and developers in the Philippines, there’s still a huge demand in this industry because the market is worldwide. Furthermore, new businesses are born every day, thus, this online business will continue thriving in 2015.
2. Website flipping. This online business involves buying websites, blogs or apps and then selling them for profit. Website flipping may also involve selling websites that you have created from a scratch. It’s like buying/developing and selling real properties. The only difference is that you’re dealing with digital assets (websites and blogs) rather than real estate properties (land and buildings). Visit Flippa (the world’s largest marketplace for buying and selling websites) to watch and learn more about website flipping.
3. Blogging / Online publishing. Blogs are already popular among Filipinos. It’s where people read news, articles and stories on the Internet for various topics, including business, showbiz, sports, health, and current events. Although it takes time and a lot of hard work to earn from blogging, it’s an exciting job that you can take with you anywhere you go.
Most bloggers and online publishers earn from third-party ads, direct ads, and sponsored posts. The income of a blog depends on its quality and quantity of traffic, popularity, ad placement and conversion. Remember that media giants like GMA and ABS-CBN are earning money, not only from the ads on their TV shows, but also from the ads on their popular websites.
4. Affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is a process that involves promoting other people’s or company’s products and earning a commission for every lead (sale) referred by the affiliate marketer. Most affiliate marketers owned websites and blogs. However, you can also be an affiliate marketer even though you don’t have a website or a blog. You can promote affiliate products in your own website, guest posts on other blogs, social media channels, and other online pages that you have a control.
5. Writing. Content marketing is one of the best online marketing strategies today. Hence, business owners and marketers look for writers to create high-quality articles for their websites and other online publications. Writing or copywriting can be a lucrative business online because there are plenty of clients from around the world that may need your service. If you have a degree in communication, it can be your advantage. But good testimonials from your clients and a great portfolio of your previous work is a better edge.
6. Editing. Aside from writing, you can also provide editing services. Even the best writers in the world need somebody to review and proofread their writings to ensure that they are free from grammar and spelling mistakes. If you completed a degree in English, communication and the like, then this online business idea is for you.
7. SEO. Search engine optimization is the process of improving the structure, content quality, social media signals, and integrity of a website to improve its search engine visibility and drive organic traffic or potential customers to a business. Businesses need SEOs to help them attract more customers from search engines (i.e., Google, Yahoo and Bing) and increase their sales.
8. Facebook marketing. Facebook is the undisputed social media king. No wonder business owners are rushing into this social network to promote their businesses and build relationships with their target customers. If you’re an active Facebook user and you know how to help businesses (especially local businesses) reach their target market, providing Facebook marketing services could be a profitable online business for you in 2015.
9. Social media marketing. If you like to go beyond Facebook marketing and you want to specialize in other social media like Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and YouTube, then you can also provide full social media marketing services to clients from around the globe. Social media marketing will still be one of the best digital marketing strategies for businesses in 2015 and beyond.
10. Online reputation management. Help companies and personalities maintain their good online reputation by monitoring it and fixing it from negative mentions on the face of the Internet. Online reputation management services may include PR, SEO, social media marketing, content marketing, relationship marketing and other online strategies to build and rebuild a brand’s online integrity.
11. Virtual assistance. Business owners, entrepreneurs and executives need to focus on their core activities. Hence, they are looking for professionals to outsource tasks, such as marketing, design, secretarial work, accounting, and other administrative jobs so that they can concentrate on their business operation or main jobs. To offer virtual assistance services or become a virtual assistant, one must have a reliable Internet connection and equipment to perform his job effectively and efficiently.
12. App development. Seems like Apps are already part of our daily lives. We use them in our smart phones and other mobile gadgets to make our regular activities (such as keeping our schedules, monitoring our health and fitness, finding a taxi, hotel booking and connecting with people) more efficient. 2015 will still be a year where mobile apps continue to rise. Therefore, start learning to code now.
13. Online tutorial. Teaching is one of the greatest professions of all time. If you’re a teacher by profession, teach people online. I knew a lot of friends who earn dollars from teaching children online. You can also become a tutor to entrepreneurs and professionals who want to learn new skills, like a new language, marketing technique and more, which of course will depend on your specialty.
14. Online consulting / coaching. What’s your field of expertise? Are you a digital marketing expert, a tax expert or a small business expert? Whatever your expertise is, you can start a consulting or coaching business online in that area of your expertise. To make your business and career more successful, build up your personal or professional brand first by obtaining meaningful experience and testimonials from happy clients.
15. Graphic artist. Create corporate logos, banners, infographics and other graphic materials for your clients. Images and graphics help businesses promote their brand online, thus, they are hiring graphic artists who can help them create a better look or identity online.
16. Video editing and animation. Videos are popular on the Internet, especially on social media like YouTube and Facebook. That is why they are also one of the favorite tools used by companies for marketing or advertising their products. If video editing is your forte, grab this online business opportunity in 2015.
17. Data science and analytics. Big data will continue to be bigger in 2015. Companies, small or big, need data intelligence to help them make better business decisions. That is why the demand for data scientists, statisticians and digital marketing analysts will continue to grow. If you want to enter in this online business, get yourself trained with Google Analytics and other intelligent data services online.
18. Online store. If you don’t like to sell services online, why not sell physical goods through your own online store or through e-commerce websites, such as olx.com.ph, eBay, and AyosDito.Ph? There’s a lot of products you can sell on the online marketplace. Among the most popular items are beauty products, electronics, apparels and equipment. Of course the shipment of these items are done offline. Therefore, it’s important that you only transact business with trusted people.
19. Real estate brokerage. Who says you can’t sell real estate properties on the Internet? Real estate brokers and agents are creating their own website, Facebook Page and other online channels to find customers and close a successful deal. To successfully market your products online, you also need to do SEO, social media marketing and other online marketing tactics. Furthermore, before you go into this kind of business, you have to follow some regulations, such as obtaining a real estate broker’s license or an authorization as a real estate agent.
20. Online photo stock and print business. Utilize your DSLR camera and photography skills by selling your work and photo stocks to clients who need them the most. And if you have a printer that can print high-quality images, you can also offer to sell and mail your photos to customers who want them so bad.
Do you have any online business idea that you want to share with us? Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.