Do you want your customers or clients to love your business, your brand, and your products? Of course you do, right? Who among us don’t want love, especially if that love from customers can give our business the profitability and stability it deserves? But before we wish to be loved by our customers, we have to learn how to give love to them first. The following are 20 ways to guide you on how to love your customers.
1. Be patient. Customers are coming to you because they need your goods or your expertise. They come to you because they think that your business is the one that can provide them with the answers and solutions to their questions and problems. Thus, be patient in accommodating them, in answering their questions, and in providing them comfort.
2. Be honest. Maintain your customers’ trust and confidence by always telling them the truth and by fulfilling your promises to them. If you can’t deliver something, then be honest and tell the truth rather than hurt them with a lie.
3. Be hopeful. Be positive with your customers. Hope that they will like your products, which you have invested with quality and excellence. Positivity and hopefulness gives you and your personnel the reason to always smile when you see your customers. Hoping for your customers is also one way to show that you are trusting them.
4. Have faith. Believe in your customers. Follow your customers’ requests and demands even if they are beyond your convenience as long as they will maintain your integrity and good reputation.
5. Save them. Protect your customers from any harm. Provide them with products and services that can transform their lives into better ones. Help them save their health, morality, culture, country, planet, and even their wallet.
6. Be humble. Don’t be arrogant. Don’t make your customers feel inferior and be disappointed with your exaggerated sense of superiority and conceitedness.
7. Have Joy. Smile with your customers and always make your business premises a happy environment. Put that happy face starting right from your doorstep.
8. Be peaceful. Learn how to sincerely apologize for your mistakes and for your employees’ faults. Avoid putting the blame on your customers.
9. Forgive your customers. Forgive your customers’ mistakes and move forward to continue serving them. Wash away your hatred and feeling of vengeance before you go to bed every night. Also practice forgiving yourself from your past mistakes so that you may be able to forgive others.
10. Be gentle. Don’t be harsh to your customers. For example, avoid making sudden and unreasonable increase in your prices as possible.
11. Be kind. Be generous with your customers. Share and offer anything, which can be your precious time, energy, attention, care, dedication, and even your financial profit through giving discounts, freebies and rewards.
12. Respect. Always make your customers feel appreciated. Listen carefully when they talk. Respect your customers’ rights. Respect their gender, their culture, and their values in life.
13. Selflessness. Have a sense of sacrifice. Prioritize your customers’ interest before yours. If you only do business to make money and get yourself to be rich, then that will not make your customers feel loved.
14. Be diligent. Work hard to show that you are serious in doing business and in providing your customers with quality products and services. Be diligent in keeping in touch with your consumers to learn how to serve them better.
15. Passion. If you want to love your customers, you should have the passion or the enthusiasm in serving them. You should also have a focus and a great interest in making your customers always satisfied. Furthermore, you have to always give your extra time, energy and dedication to wow your customers.
16. Have a good intent. Don’t make evil plots. If you love your customers, you should always have a good intention in everything you do for them. So don’t attempt to deceit your consumers just to fulfill your greed of money.
17. Be fair. Love is rejoiced in justice and in fairness. Hence, always give your customers the value for the money they pay you.
18. Love other people. Love other people even if they are not your customers. Don’t love your customers while hating people who don’t buy your products and those who don’t have something to do with your business. Show to you customers that you love them not only because they are your customers, but because you love them for the reason that you are really a loving person.
19. Have courage. If you love your customers, then don’t be a coward. Don’t be afraid to lose money in investing for quality and making your customers happy. There is no fear in loving. Besides, if your customers are happy, you can never lose money in the long run.
20. Be enduring. When there is an act of love, there is pain, suffering and a lot of waiting. Customers will not immediately give their loyalty to you. You will not also instantly earn revenue to cover your business costs and expenses. There are also times that you will face failures despite of doing good and having the passion to serve your customers better. If you want to show love to your customers, you have to endure those things and never quit until you succeed.
Love is such a wonderful thing. Its benefits are also long-lasting. However, loving is perhaps the most difficult thing that a business owner or an entrepreneur can do. But that is the essence of fair business competition – the one who can do the toughest thing is the one who actually wins. Therefore, don’t ignore love. Express your love for your customers. Say it, do it, and practice it constantly.