Blogging is fun and pleasurable if you do it for passion. However, we have to admit that we need to earn money to cover our expenses from blogging, such as our domain name registration fee, web hosting, and other expenses related to updating our blog regularly and keeping it lively. Furthermore, not all bloggers are rich people who can afford to dedicate most of their precious time writing interesting blog posts and stories without making some profit for their daily living. We need money to run our blog and to make it even better for our loyal readers. If you want to learn more ideas on how to monetize your blog, here are 20 ways to make more money online from blogging.
1. Join advertising programs. Google AdSense is considered the most popular and also one of the easiest ways to earn dollars from your blog online. But you can also considered alternatives like Media.net, Infolinks, Chitika and advertising programs.
2. Get direct advertisers. Selling your advertising space directly to companies who find your audience as relevant to their target market will let you earn advertising income without sharing it to a third party advertising network or ad broker.
3. Offer paid or sponsored posts. Earn from publishing press releases, featured posts or review posts about a company, product or services on your blog. Just make sure these posts will be relevant and useful to your audience.
4. Offer your professional services. If you’re a SEO, a social media marketer, an accountant, a professional photographer or any type of a professional, why not offer your professional services to your guests and visitors?
5. Sell merchandise. Turn your blog to an e-commerce site or online store and sell merchandise that you can ship or deliver to your customers.
6. Sell digital products. Write an eBook, create WordPress themes, develop web applications, and create other digital products that you can sell in your blog.
7. Promote products from affiliate network. Join CommissionJunction, ClickBank, Amazon and other affiliate networks. You could earn a commission for every sale or lead you refer by promoting an affiliate product on your blog.
8. Promote products directly from affiliate programs. Many e-commerce sites have their own affiliate programs where you can join directly without joining an affiliate network. If you’re a blogger in the blogging or web development industry, you can join the affiliate program offered by your web hosting company, domain name registrar and other companies that you do business with.
9. Offer blog mentoring services. If you have already built an authority as an expert or successful blogger, you can offer blog mentoring or coaching services to aspiring bloggers who want to ensure the success of their blogging career.
10. Be a brand ambassador. Many bloggers are earning money or receiving free products by being an ambassador or endorser for a certain brand.
11. Offer email marketing campaign. If you have many subscribers on your blog, you can offer email marketing services to clients. You can charge them for promoting their business through the email newsletter you send to all your subscribers.
12. Offer paid access to your premium content. If you think you have top quality content that people will be willing to pay money just to get access to them, then this can be one of your ways to monetize your blog.
13. Host sponsored online contests. Get paid by companies who want to promote their business or brand by sponsoring a contest on your blog.
14. Offer paid Facebook posts. If you have already built a Facebook Page of your blog that have thousands of likes or subscribers, you can charge companies for every promotional or advertorial post on your Facebook Page.
15. Offer sponsored tweets. If you have many Twitter followers and if your profile is already influential, you can charge clients for every tweet you made to promote their business to your followers.
16. Create a forum on your blog and offer VIP membership. A forum within your blog will increase your traffic and loyal members, as well as your profit.
17. Create a directory on your blog and sell featured listings. You could also create a business directory or a directory of blogs within your blog’s domain. You can generate more revenue by offering featured business listings to your clients.
18. Offer public speaking services. If you have already earned a highly respected name in your industry, you could make more money by accepting speaking engagements on public or private events.
19. Ask for donations or tips. Many bloggers make money online by placing a donate button on their blogs. If your blog is very helpful, expect some visitors who will voluntarily give a donation or tip as a token of their appreciation to you.
20. Sell your blog. I just hope that you won’t arrive to the point that you need to sell your blog and transfer its ownership to other person or entity. But since a blog is a web property that can be valued in terms of money, selling your own blog would let you earn a lot of money, especially if your blog is already well-established and receiving a lot of consistent traffic. There are also web entrepreneurs whose business model is website flipping or developing blogs to sell for profit in a certain future.
There are still many ways to make more money from your blog. You just need to keep on making experiments and learning new techniques on how to improve your blog’s revenue. However, always remember that in order to really make money online from your blog in the long term, you have to always prioritize the satisfaction of your blog’s readers or users since, on your blog, they are your primary customers and your blog posts are your primary products.