November 8, 2013, when Super Typhoon Yolanda (international name Haiyan), wrecked our city of Tacloban, our region Eastern Visayas, and other areas in Visayas. This natural disaster, which shocked, not only the Philippines, but also the world, have destroyed houses, buildings, livelihoods, natural resources, and thousands of lives. It also knocked down the normal lives of many survivors, including me and my family.
A lot of sad and terrifying stories from survivors have already been shared all over the media and the Internet. People know that we are now down to our knees and even drop down to our feet. But as survivors, we have to look up and start getting up.
Filipinos are known to be strong. No matter what calamities struck us, we can still wear smile on our face and try hard to get back on our feet. Getting back on our feet is a practice that every people, not only in the Philippines, but also in the world should do always every time they are down by any calamity, whether it’s natural or not.
I know that moving on is a task that is easier said than done. But I believe that as long as we can convince our spirit to get up, we can make ourselves kicking again for a new life. Whatever has knocked you down, I hope that these 21 quotes will help you lift up your spirit again and live a stronger and better life.
1. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.“ – Friedrich Nietzsche
2. “In order to rise from its own ashes, a Phoenix first must burn.” – Octavia E. Butler
3. “Never give up! So many people can be responsible for your Success, but only you are responsible for your failure.” – Unknown.
4. “When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up. “ – Les Brown
5. “The harder you fall, the higher you bounce. “ – Unknown
6. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
7. “A setback is a setup for a comeback” – T.D. Jakes
8. “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. “ – Unknown
9. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” – Buddha
10. “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn Vos Savant
11. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
12. “When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in a perfect position to pray. “- Unknown
13. “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?” – Vincent van Gogh
14. “When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place. “ – Unknown
15. “Waiting to develop courage is just another form of procrastination. The most successful people take action while they’re afraid! “ – Unknown
16. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
17. “A heart is a muscle… and what do muscles do when they are torn? They grow back STRONGER!” – Unknown
18. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
19. “Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else. ” – Unknown
20. “The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you’re hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” v Rocky Balboa
21. “Your faith will be put to the test. You know that when that happens it will produce in you the strength to continue.” -James 1:3 (NIRV)
Do you have any other motivational or inspirational quotes to share to help our people keep on moving on, recover from tragedy, and attain a new and brighter life? We will be happy if you’ll share it to us.