Sunday is usually a non-working holiday anywhere in the world. This is the day that workers in the private or government sector take a rest from the tiring and stressful jobs they had during the weekdays. For employees, this is the day to get out from their office cubicle and spend more time in their home with their family or with themselves. For business owners, Sunday is an opportunity to take a break from doing official business transactions since other establishments, like banks and government offices, are also closed during the day.
Sunday is actually just the same with the other days of the week. It also consists of 24 hours with each hour composed of 60 minutes. It’s up to us if we want to make Sunday a boring and an unproductive day. But there are things we can do to make this day something worthwhile. Here are 55 productive things you can do on a Sunday:
1. Learn a new recipe. Increase your knowledge in cookery and serve a new menu for your family.
2. Learn a new sport. Develop a new sport skill, like swimming, basketball, volleyball, surfing, martial arts, or any sport that you love.
3. Learn how to drive a car. Knowing how to drive a car is such an important skill nowadays. If you still don’t know how, then start learning now.
4. Burn some fats. Go to the gym or anywhere where you can perform your workout and burn some calories.
5. Watch a sensible movie. Choose a touching movie that can give you valuable lessons in life. You could watch a movie at your home or at the theatre. You may also watch a movie with your loved ones.
6. Read a book of wisdom. If you’re a Christian – reading the Bible and understanding it can be productive for your soul and spirit. If you have other belief or if you don’t have any belief at all – you can also read any book of wisdom that you like.
7. Organize your computer files. Organizing your computer files and folders can take your time, but if you will do it – it will save you more time and energy during working hours.
8. Organize your stuff and clean the mess in your workstation. Clean your computer and organize other stuff at your working area. Having a neat and organized workstation could help you work smoothly during working times.
9. Organize your social media connections. Clean up your Facebook and Twitter profiles. If you have Facebook friends or Twitter followers whom you think are spammers and should not be in your connection, then it’s time to get rid of them for security purposes.
10. Secure your Internet passwords. The passwords on your email and social networking accounts must be changed regularly for security purposes. If you haven’t changed any of them for a longer period of time, then it’s time to do the changing now. Make sure your passwords are strong and secure.
11. Organize your mobile data. Get rid of the mess in your mobile phone. Organize your contact and every data on it.
12. Reply their messages. Do you owe someone a reply on your email, text messages or private messages? Check if you can do it on Sunday.
13. Clean your room. If no one is doing it for you, then why not do it yourself? It is also better if you can also clean your entire house.
14. Wash your laundry. Take charge of cleaning your laundry and preparing what you will wear on the coming working days.
15. Answer one of your long-reigning questions in life. Do you have a very intriguing question that lingers on your mind? Use Sunday to find its answer. You can do an extensive research on the Internet, ask some people, or you can also ask yourself through reflection and meditation.
16. Meet your friends and relatives in person. Stop telling them that you miss them. Instead, make an effort to visit them.
17. Shop for the things you need for the coming week. Buy your groceries and other merchandise for the coming week.
18. Canvass things you want to buy in the near future. Want to relax while moving your feet? Do some canvassing or window shopping of the things you want to buy in the future. It will increase your knowledge of the market.
19. Make a to-do-list. Create a list of the tasks you have to accomplish on Monday and for the coming week. Aside from listing your steps, also include your objectives.
20. Create a financial budget. It’s time to do some budgeting to manage your spending on the coming days.
21. Check your bills. Look for your missing bills so that you may not end up failing to pay them on the due date.
22. Check your bank statements. Perform some bank reconciliation for your personal bank accounts or just do some simple checking of your bank accounts’ balances.
23. Teach and share your knowledge. Be a teacher or a preacher and share your knowledge to everyone. You can do this online or offline.
24. Play with your kids. Kids love to play, especially with their parents. Spend precious time with them. You can bring them to a park or any place where they can be really happy.
25. Bring your partner to a romantic date. Make your Sunday a romantic one with your girlfriend or wife.
26. Take some beautiful photos. If you have a camera, utilize it to take some interesting photos that you can keep for yourself or show to the world. You can take photos of the beautiful sunset or just take some pictures to enhance your photography skill.
27. Take some video. If you own a video camera, use it to take some interesting videos with your friends, kids, and even with your pets.
28. Visit a museum. Go to the museum and show some appreciation of your own culture and national heritage.
29. Go to the zoo. Get closer with the Mother Nature. You can also go with your kids for them to enjoy watching and learning the different animals of the wild.
30. Visit the public library. Study and read books the old fashion. Remember that there are still some information that can’t be found on the Internet.
31. Do the gardening. Make your Sunday a green day and make our environment happy.
32. Do recycling. Help our planet and unleash your creativity in crafting garbage into useful stuff.
33. Know your neighbors. Be acquainted with your neighbors and build a harmonious relationship with them.
34. Solve a puzzle that’s puzzling you for a long time. Whether it’s a jigsaw puzzle or just any puzzle you have never solved for a long time, attempt to solve it today so that it may not bother you in the future.
35. Donate. Be truly religious on Sunday. Religion means charity. Share your blessing to the poor, whether it’s cash, food or some old clothes.
36. Do reflection and know yourself more. Find a quiet place and do some deep meditation to find inner peace.
37. Visit your church. Whatever your church is, whether it is spiritual or material, spend time worshiping with your church members. If you don’t have a church, then think again.
38. Thank everyone who has helped you. Have you forgotten to show gratitude to anyone lately? Thank them now.
39. Learn a new song. Are you singing a popular song without the proper lyrics lately? Try to memorize some lyrics.
40. Learn a new dance step. If you love to dance, then this is the day you may want to learn a new dance steps.
41. Learn more about science. Knowledge is power; science helps our life more convenient. Update your knowledge with new the discoveries in science or in astronomy.
42. Compute your tax payables in advance. Don’t prepare your income tax and other tax returns when the deadline is already too near. You can compute your taxes in advance.
43. Read the books and magazines you’ve bought but haven’t been read. Read your book investments.
44. Clean and groom your pets. Give them a good bath and proper hygiene so that you can hug and kiss them all day as you wish.
45. Groom yourself. Sunday can be the day to pamper yourself. You can get a new haircut, enjoy a massage, rejuvenate in a good spa house, or enjoy anything that can give yourself a total relaxation.
46. Groom your car. Give your car a nice car wash or your motorcycle a good wash. This is also the time to do your safety check and auto maintenance.
47. Make a workout or exercise program. Body exercises and workouts should not just be performed without proper program. You can use Sunday to create the health and fitness program that is right for you.
48. Make a diet program. Workout without proper diet could not be effective. Thus, don’t forget to make your diet and nutrition program too.
49. Learn more grammar and English lessons. Whether you’re already fluent in English or not, enhancing your communication skill will always be useful to you. English is a universal language and we use it in our everyday business or professional communication.
50. Disseminate public information. Serve the public by spreading important public information (e.g., traffic information, weather forecast, and calamity preparedness) for their awareness. You can visit different government websites to get information. You can share those pieces of information on your social media networks, like Twitter or Facebook.
51. Join a contest. Why not join an online contest (e.g., talent and creativity contests) and see if you are lucky enough to win. You may lose but you can always earn an experience.
52. Make someone happy. There are many ways to make someone happy. You can spend time talking with a distressed friend to comfort him or her.
53. Ask forgiveness. Do you owe an apology to someone? Be humble and sincerely ask for an apology. It will be good for you and for the person whom you have sinned.
54. Forgive someone. Forgiving is one way to have inner peace. Try to be forgiving this Sunday.
55. Sleep. Do you lack sleep? Having a rejuvenating sleep can make you active and productive in the coming days. Just don’t sleep after 4pm so that you may not suffer insomnia in the evening.
There you are. I hope you can make your Sunday a more productive day than usual. There are also other fruitful activities that we can do during Sundays aside from the list above. We just need to be more creative and resourceful to find those opportunities. So how about you, what are you doing this Sunday?