Everyone wants to be free from something or from someone. People want to achieve financial freedom and get out of debt. Workers want to get out from corporate slavery and have more time for their family. There are also those who want to live a life without anyone who is dictating them. But how can we really achieve freedom? Are we really pursuing the right freedom? The following are 7 ways that will guide us to achieving real freedom in life.
1. Get out of overdue debts. To achieve freedom in life, you have to get financial freedom. True financial freedom doesn’t mean being rich, wealthy, millionaire, billionaire or someone who don’t have any debt. Being financially free means you can live a life which is not dictated by money. You can live a simple life with a simple job and a simple house, and still enjoy financial freedom. You can also get loans for your business and still enjoy financial freedom as long as you will repay them before they become due. Remember that real financial freedom is having the ability to fulfill your financial obligations as you’ve promised them.
2. Pay attention. You have to pay not only money to your creditors, but you also have to pay time and attention to the people whom you are obligated personally and professionally, like your family, your employees, your customers, your boss, and everyone who needs your attention. To be free in life, you should not only fulfill your financial obligations but also your personal and professional responsibilities to other people.
3. Open up your mind. To achieve liberty in life you have to be free from ignorance. You have to gain knowledge, wisdom, understanding and insight about life itself. And how you should do it? You have to take the risk and get out of your comfort zone. You have to learn how to trust strangers who are actually trying to help you. You have to doubt the traitors who are close to you or the wolves who are disguising as sheep. Freeing yourself is opening your mind to things that can make you even better and even more useful to other people.
4. Purify your heart. Free your heart from the impurities of the world, such as greed, selfishness, pride, wrath and envy. Having a free life is attaining a light and bright life which is free from emotional burden and guilt. When you give and help other people with a cheerful heart, you become free from selfishness, greed, envy and insecurity in life. Moreover, if you could achieve a good condition of the heart, you could also achieve a good state of the mind.
5. Don’t tell a lie. We all know that the truth can set us free. Hence, if you want to attain freedom in life, always be honest even if others are not or even if this world, which is full of lies, will mock and persecute you for telling the truth. Honesty may not make your life secure for the meantime, but it will always give your life integrity and security in the long run. Remember that every person, whether bad or good, deserves the truth. Hence, we are responsible for telling the truth to everyone, and the longer we delay it the more we become slaves by lies and deceit.
6. Be thankful to your creator. If there is one thing that we owe the most, it would be our life or our existence in this world or Universe. If you want to get the ultimate freedom of life, then you have to repay your ultimate debt which is your salvation or your life itself. So whether you’re religious or not, be faithful to the one whom you believe is the one who give you your life.
7. Fight for your freedom. Finally, stand and fight for your freedom because no matter how knowledgeable and wise you are, if you don’t work consistently to achieve and preserve your freedom, your desire to becoming a free person wouldn’t be realized. You have to add love to your faith because it is love that can endure, can make sacrifices, and can make you do all things to fight for your true freedom in life.
Actually, freedom is a very broad term. There can be a wrong freedom and there can also be a right freedom. There is freedom that makes your life worse and there is freedom that makes your life better. You can also feel happily free when you become a slave of true love and other righteous things. In other words, don’t be misled by false freedom. Always get and fight for the right freedom – the freedom that can actually free you from guilt, sins and from long-term punishments.