Although the New York Knicks 7-game winning streak has already ended on Friday with a 89-85 lose to New Orleans, Linsanity has already caused a global phenomena. If you stay at home and watch the news on TV or if you always on the Internet lurking on the Social media sites, like Facebook and Twitter, you’ve probably encountered the name Jeremy Lin or the trending topic “Linsanity” that has stormed the social networking site last week. If you are still wondering who this guy is, here are some information you should know about him.
– Jeremy Lin is a Taiwanese-American NBA player.
– He’s 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) tall
– He wears the number 17 Jersey of New York Knicks
– He’s the person behind Linsanity
– His full name is Jeremy Shu-How Lin and was born on August 23, 1988
– Lin was born in Los Angeles, California and grew up in Palo Alto, California, in a Christian family.
– His parents, Gie-Ming and Shirley, emigrated from Taiwan to the United States in the mid-1970s
– He’s an evangelical Christian who was a leader in Harvard’s Asian American Christian Fellowship during his time there.
– He graduated from Harvard with an economics degree
– He had an unremarkable pro career with the Golden State Warriors and the Houston Rockets (both waived him which caused him to move to New York Knicks)
– He was hired as a back-up player by the New York Knicks last December 2011
– He started playing frequently for the Knicks on the week of the Valentines
– Started performing extremely well last week, leading the Knicks to several high-profile victories (including one on Thursday over the LA Lakers, where he outscored Kobe Bryant)
– Lin has set a new record scoring 136 points in his first five games with the Knicks, more than anybody since the NBA and ABA merged back in 1976.
– He has also brought his team into a 7 game winning streak with the New York Knicks winning a 100-85 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday night.
– Linsanity caused Madison Square Garden (MSG) stock to jump 7% to close Thursday at $31.87 from its close at $29.77 on Feb. 7 when Lin first entered the Knicks’ starting lineup. That translates to a $170 million to the company’s market cap to $2.4 billion according to Forbes.
– His official website is www.Jlin7.com
– His Official Twitter page is @ jlin7 with over 414,000 followers as of this time.
– His Official Pagebook page has already more than 743,000 likes as of this hour.
– He uploaded video clips on his Youtube Channel have already accumulated views of more than 4.8 million as of this time. at
– Time Magazine Asia picks Jeremy Lin for cover after five games
– He caused Time Warner and MSG Network end their cable dispute with the help from Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo according to New York Times.
Expect this article to grow as we follow Jeremy Lin’s inspiring life, career, story and success. How about you? What you know all about Linsanity? Feel free to share your thoughts below.