Are you one of the millions of people who are spending most of their time on Facebook? Do you always log in to this social networking site to chat with your online friends, to update your status with anything that is on your mind, to play games, and even to stalk some people you find too interesting? If your answer is yes, then why not turn your Facebook addiction to something that could make money online? The following are 20 business ideas for Facebook users like you who want to turn their Facebook addiction into profit attraction.
1. Social media marketing. This refers to the process of attracting website traffic or attention using social media like Facebook. If you have a lot of followers or a wide network on Facebook, you can start promoting a website or a brand using your Facebook profile, groups or pages.
2. Recruitment services. Use your stalking ability on Facebook by searching and hunting talented and skilled persons, professionals, executives and prospective employees to be hired by companies that need them.
3. Photography and photo editing. Create professional and stunning photos for the personal profile picture, pages profile picture, photo cover, and photo updates of your clients, who may be persons or business entities.
4. Online reputation management. Monitor your clients’ Internet reputation, particularly on Facebook, to ensure that positive testimonials emerge, while negative reviews and feedback are avoided. You can manage the reputation of a person, a brand or a company.
5. Facebook page administration. Offer Facebook business page creation, design, development and management to clients, especially to business owners who want to gain more brand exposure and attract more customers in the Facebook realm.
6. Product management. Help your clients make their product become more marketable or salable to targeted Facebook users. Be a product manager who is involved in analyzing the market condition, giving advice on product development, and in marketing the product to Facebook users.
7. Life coaching. If you’re an expert in personal development, you can offer life coaching services to Facebook users. You can create a Facebook page or a Facebook group dedicated to your life coaching services. Your goal is to transform people’s lives into better ones.
8. Business coaching or consultancy. Bring your business consulting services to the Facebook market. You can expand your business network on Facebook through creating business related pages and groups. You may even create a closed group, where you can invite your clients and discuss private matters. Facebook messages and chat can also be used as a form of communication between you and your clients. Though, a more professional email is more formal.
9. Content creation. Write or create interesting and engaging content for your clients’ Facebook updates, statuses or stories. You can also offer editing and proofreading services to ensure that your clients’ communication on Facebook is free from spelling and grammar errors.
10. Affiliate marketing. Earn commissions or pay per sale for every customer or lead you refer to the merchant through an affiliate network. There are several affiliate programs and networks on the Internet, like Amazon and Commission Junction. But the best affiliate products to promote are those that you have really used and you have proven to be effective. Furthermore, don’t spam but endorse only products to Facebook users, whom you think will be interested to buy. It is also very important to follow the rules of Facebook and the terms of your affiliate programs.
11. Multi-level marketing (MLM). I’m not a fan of MLM, but I’m seeing some of my Facebook friends being active on this kind of business marketing. Hence, why not give it a try? But always remember to make a thorough investigation or online research before you enter into any MLM program to avoid scams. Also, make sure to balance your business and personal life on Facebook so that you may not drive away your friends who may find you a very aggressive MLM marketer. Another important thing is to only promote products or services that you have actually used and proved to be useful and effective.
12. Facebook application development. If you’re a web programmer who’s knowledgeable in developing web applications and is very familiar with Facebook API, then you can venture on Facebook Apps development. There are many types of Facebook applications. Among the most popular are the game apps. You can also create apps for businesses who want to promote their brand, products or websites for a period of time. The more the users your apps will attract, the more the chance that you can make money on it.
13. Selling stuff. Bring your store on Facebook. You can either manufacture your own products or enter into a retailing or “buy and sell” business. It is also nice to create a Facebook business page to promote your products to your existing and potential customers. There are many products to sell, but choose the ones whom you have the passion.
14. Facebook event organizer. Promote events on Facebook to invite and attract more people to attend it, whether it’s happening online or offline. The more friends you have, the more people you can invite. However, make sure to invite only your friends that you believe will be interested with the event. Promoting an event also involves updating the event page with fresh information or updates until the date of the event comes.
15. Press release. Do you have Facebook pages that have thousands or more fans? You can turn them into a place for sharing press release or product endorsements. You can charge companies an amount for every press release you make on your Facebook pages. But remember to only accept press releases that are highly relevant and are useful to your friends or fans.
16. Market research. Provide your clients with important market data, analyses, and insights coming from Facebook users. You can create polls, interviews, and analyze online consumers’ behavior on Facebook. You could also offer social media marketing consulting to your clients.
17. Tutorial services. Sell your knowledge on Facebook. If you are an expert on something, you can offer tutorial services to Facebook users who need your education. Depending on your expertise and experience, there are many subjects to choose on. If you’re proficient in English, then there are many people on Facebook who might be needing your service.
18. Viral content creation. Utilize your creativity to the fullest by managing viral marketing campaigns on Facebook for your clients, who want their brand or business to reach maximum exposure and attract more customers. Viral marketing involves creation of viral messages, which could be confined on video clips, Internet memes, text messages, interactive games, applications, and other media for viral content.
19. Community creation. Business owners and marketers love crowd. This is because when there is crowd, there are also more potential customers and more potential revenue. You can gather crowd by creating a community through Facebook groups and pages. The key to creating an engaging crowd is to ensure that your group members and page fans are getting useful and fresh content on your groups or pages.
20. Customer service. Because most of customers are already on Facebook, businesses are already extending their customer service and support on the social network through Facebook business pages. This makes them in need of people who are always on Facebook and who can help them accommodate their customer needs. This usually involves Facebook page administration, which includes answering customers’ questions and inquires.
There are many other business opportunities and ideas that Facebook users can try to make money online while spending their precious time on Facebook. The list above are only ideas and you can still intensify them by doing further research and experiments to make sure that you can choose the right business idea that will bring success to your life. It is also important to remember that they specifically require special talents, skills, and discipline aside from having time and dedication on Facebook. Finally, those ideas can be started as a small business, which later on can be expanded into a lucrative business.
Do you have any business idea to share with us? Feel free to make a comment below.