If your life revolves in business and entrepreneurship, you have to catch up with the latest news on business, finance, economy and other business related news. There is news on TV and in the printed newspaper, but we can’t always bring TV with us and we don’t always have the money to spend for subscribing on newspapers. Then here comes the Internet that offers free information for almost of any kind. It gives us an access to different websites, including those that deliver news on business and the like. If you are looking for business and other related news in the Philippines, here’s a list of top business news websites (in no particular order) in the country where you can get the news and information you want.
1. Business World Online – This is the online edition of BusinessWorld, the country’s leading business newspaper that represents four decades of professional economic journalism, according to them. The business paper comes out Monday through Friday, with a Saturday exclusive online edition, with national and foreign circulation totaling 54,000. The online edition delivers tops news and stories on finance, corporate, economy, nation, stock market and other business related stories, including opinions.
2. Inquirer Business – This is the business news section of Inquirer.net, the official news website of the Philippine Daily Inquirer, the Philippine’s most widely circulated broadsheet, according to their profile. The website is updated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with the latest business news and headlines, which also include stories on money, stock market, and personal finance. It also has a column section for opinionated stories.
3. The Philippine Star Business – This is the business section of Philstar.com, the online portal of STAR Group of Publications, one of the leading publishers of newspapers and magazines in the Philippines. The new and improved site offers easier navigability, better-organized news content, and more interactive tools and features. The business news section includes daily breaking news and stories on Philippine business. It also features columns on business related topics.
4. Manila Bulletin Business News – This is the online business news section of Manila Bulletin, a comprehensive newspaper published seven days a week in the country. Manila Bulletin Publishing Corporation (MB) was founded as the Daily Bulletin on February 2, 1900 for the purpose of engaging in the publishing business. On June 22, 1989, the corporate name was amended to Manila Bulletin publishing Corporation. Today it is already servicing the Filipinos for 112 years. The business news section features the latest stories on general business, infotech, property, shipping, agriculture and currency. It also has a section for business related columns.
5. ABS CBN Business News – This is the business section of the ABS-CBNnews.com, the news portal of TV and media giant – ABS-CBN. The website is popular as it has almost 250,000 followers on Facebook, and still growing. This business section features the latest business news and stories local and abroad. The website is also easy to navigate for finding the news you want as it features its most read and most discussed stories. It also has sub-sections for latest business news videos, tech biz, stock trading, business profiles and business specials.
6. GMA News on Economy – This is the business and economy news section of GMA News Network Website. GMA Network, Inc. is one of the leading broadcasting companies in the Philippines, and is considered a rival of ABSCBN Network. It operates a network of 47 Very High Frequency (VHF) including 1 affiliate, 13 Ultra High Frequency (UHF) television stations and 23 radio stations throughout the country. GMA’s business news section online delivers the latest news on business, economy, money and banking, finance, Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index, agriculture, and mining. It also offers the latest economy news videos, which are taken from their TV news network.
7. Interaksyon Business – This is the business news section of Interaksyon.com. The website is the online news portal of TV5, a television and radio broadcasting network based in Quezon City, Philippines. Its news and stories are gathered from its own dedicated news team, from the news pool of News5, which includes TV5 and its affiliate radio station, Radyo Singko 92.3 FM, and from various news wire services. The website delivers the latest business headlines covering the Philippines and the world.
8. Malaya Business Insights – Malaya Business Insight’s offers readers business news and timely articles on shipping, banking, information and technology, automotive and motoring, real estate and property development, travel and tourism, and people and sectoral events. The online portal also delivers international business news, business opinions and articles on sports, entertainment and lifestyle.
9. The Manila Times Business News – This is the business news section of ManilaTimes.net – the online portal of The Manila Times. The Manila Times is one of the leading national daily broadsheets in the Philippines. It is the oldest newspaper, having been founded in 1898.
10. Sun Star Business News – This is the business news section of The Sun.Star website. Sun.Star provides news and information from the provinces to a national and global audience. The website was first uploaded in October 1996, making it the first Philippine community newspaper to go online. The business news section offers 24-hour updates on the latest business news in the Philippines, as well as in the different regions of the country.
11. Business Mirror – BusinessMirror.com.ph is the online portal of Business Mirror – a leading daily newspaper dedicated to business, which is circulated nationwide. This website offers a wide variety of business news, stories and columns, which include the top business news here and abroad, articles on economy, banking and finance, digital life, marketing, properties, lifestyle, agri-commodities, company news, and different perspectives and opinions on what’s happening in the business world today.
12. Yahoo Philippines Business – Yahoo News is one of the most popular news and article site on the Internet. It also has a Philippine version, which is the Yahoo Philippines. There is also a business section where readers can find the latest buzz on local and international business. It also offers the latest stories on economy, stocks and personal finance. Most of Yahoo news comes from AP (Associated Press), AFP (Agence France-Presse), Reuters and other reliable news sources in the world.
Are you already familiar with any of the websites listed above? Which among them do you visit and read often? Perhaps there are also other Philippine business news sites that are also worth reading. You can make a comment below to share your thoughts.