How to Franchise Lotto Outlet in the Philippines
How to franchise Lotto outlet in the Philippines? I decided to write this article when I found out that many people are searching in Google for the answers and information about that question. Actually, lotto is not to be franchised, for there will be no franchisor-franchisee relationship that will exist when you operate a lotto outlet in your area. Furthermore, the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) is not a for-profit business or organization. What you will become is a lotto or online lottery agent. Becoming a lotto agent and operating a lotto outlet can provide desirable investment returns. The approval of your application may become strict and includes requirements such as the distance of your outlet to different establishments such as schools and churches. The following are the steps and requirements to apply as an Online Lottery Agent:
How to Apply as an Online Lottery Agent
Below are the procedures and requirements in the application to become and Online Lottery Agent:
1. The applicant is requested to fill-up the On-Line Lottery Application Form
The Application Form shall include the following attachments:
- Sketch/Location Map of the proposed outlet site.
- Picture of the building of the proposed outlet site.
2. PCSO shall conduct the inspection and technical evaluation of the proposed outlet site/s.
3. The applicant shall be informed of the evaluation result. If the proposed outlet site is viable, the following shall be required:
- For Individual Applicant
- For Corporation
4. PCSO shall notify the applicant on the status of the application concerning the availability of communication facilities in the proposed outlet prior to installation of facilities.
5. The applicant shall be informed when to fabricate lotto booth.
6. For Terminal Installation.
7. Payment to PCSO for Processing Fee.
8. Payment to PCSO of an Installation Fee.
9. Payment of Surety Bond to the GSIS. (PCSO based station at the Annex I Bldg., 2/F)
10. Request for training in the operation of terminal .
11. Proceed to Merchandising Section for outlet provisions. NCR outlets will be provided by the PCSO Main Office, PICC Secretariat Bldg, CCP Complex, 1307 Roxas Blvd., Pasay City.. For NCL/STBR outlets, provisions will be given at the respective PDO covering the said locality.
12. Signing of the Agency Contract with the PCSO.
13. For On-Line Activation.
Please ensure that Application Form is complete and that all required documents are attached. Incomplete requirements will not be processed. All applications are subject to evaluation prior to approval.
On-Line Lottery Agents’ Application Requirements
The following are the requirements to apply as an Online Lottery Agent:
I. Applicant must be:
• a FILIPINO citizen
• at least 21 years old
II. Applicant must accomplish and submit:
1. Three (3) latest ID pictures (2 x 2);
2. Three (3) latest ID pictures (2 x 2) of spouse; Letter of INTENT; On-Line Lottery PERSONAL DATA SHEET;
3. Proof of Income;
• Income Tax Return
• Registration of Business
• Audited Financial Statements
• Income Tax Return
• Registration of Business Audited Financial Statements
• Certificate of Income
4. Proof of Ownership/Lease of Outlet
• Land Title or TCT
• Contract of Lease (Notarized)
• Building Owner’s Authorization Form
5. NBI Clearance (Current)
6. Brgy Clearance (Personal Record) Sketch/Location Map of the Proposed Agency Site
7. Photograph of the Vicinity Photograph of the Building
8. Photograph of the Interior
1. Bio-data of Corporate Officers and Directors
2. Photocopy of S.E.C Registration Photocopy of Articles of Incorporation Photocopy of By Laws Latest audited Financial Statement I.T.R. for the immediately preceding year Letter of Intent Contract of Lease Building Owner’s Authorization Sketch/Location Map of the Proposed Agency Site Photograph of the Vicinity Photograph of the Building
3. Photograph of the Interior
III. Applicant must make sure that the Proposed Agency Site must comply with the following criteria:
1. 100 meters away from schools/place of learning and places of worship, subject to PCSO’s policies and existing rules, except if the location is enclosed or a shopping center.
2. Good human traffic, i.e. situated in commercial or busy intersections/areas. The location of terminal/booth should be strategic if within a mall or superstore.
• The area does not get flooded.
• Floor space of 8 – 9 sq. meters or available business counter measuring at least 1.0 m X 0.5 m
• Preferable with at least one (1) telephone facility, landline or cellular, for hotline operations. Such telephone (specially landline) should be situated at no more than one (1) meter away from the proposed terminal location.
• Enclosed (for security purposes) but with frontage from human traffic/entry. Frontage must face main road or to the direction of major traffic flow. In cases of malls, shopping centers or superstores, the lottery location need not be enclosed provided there is security of operation, specially after store hours.
• Dry floor space and proper ventilation (preferably air-conditioned).
• With regular power supply of 220 VAC, with grounding and available power point/s.
• With available shelf/counter/cabinet for terminal installation, modem and storage of lottery materials. If not currently available, the agent will be advised on when to fabricate.
• With operators to be made available for training in the operation of the terminals preferably one dedicated personnel and a back-up personnel per terminal. This agent will be advised on when the operators will be trained.
• Major operating hours fall within 7:00AM – 8:30PM, seven (7) days a week.
3. At least 100 meters away from any existing lotto outlet which shall be subject to PCSO’s governing rules.
• National Capital Region – 100M
• Southern Tagalog and Bicol Region – 200 – 250M
• Northern and Central Luzon – 200 – 250M
4. Approved technical site survey by carrier