How to Get 7-Eleven Franchise in the Philippines
I’ve been in Metro Manila the previous week to take a break from work and enjoy the skyline of the major cities (Manila, Makati, etc.,) of the Philippines. Well, as a guy who lives in the province and as an internet entrepreneur who works at home, vacation for me means wandering in the busy cities of this country. If I live and work in Makati, then vacation for me might be visiting our province. It’s an opposing situation, you know what I mean. I stayed in a budget hotel, actually in a Pension House in Malate, Manila. As we know, Manila is a city that never sleeps. Thus, when we are still outside our home or outside our room, and we feel the hunger, the places where we go to buy the food and other stuff we need are convenience stores, which are open for business 24-hours a day. 7-eleven is one convenience store that everyone knows and trusts in Metro Manila. This is also where I go to buy some snacks and even have my dinner whenever I feel starvation while I’m walking along the streets of the big cities. In our province of Leyte, there are no 7-eleven stores. That is why I got interested in knowing how to get a 7-Eleven Franchise in the Philippines. The following are the information I got from their official website.
What does 7-Eleven Franchise offers?
Philippine Seven Corporation gives you the chance to operate your own business by having access to 7-Eleven expertise, business operating systems and support of a highly successful global corporation.
You need determination to do it, the smarts to get it done, the power to motivate your employees and the financial commitment to make it all happen. It can be a rewarding experience for those willing to take the challenge.
- A popular and reliable global brand with a wholesome image. The top-of-mind convenience store among customers in the Philippines;
- An established retail operating system proven over 25 years of retail experience;
- Access to 7-Eleven‘s logistics and distribution resources;
- Continuous developmental marketing, product R&D, and operational support;
- A comprehensive 8-week training program on the operation and management of a 7-Eleven store;
- Assigned Operations Field Consultant (OFC) who visits with the Franchisee at least once a week to provide counsel on every aspect of the business;
- Monthly financial and marketing records prepared by 7-Eleven for the franchisee
What are the qualifications to become a 7-Eleven franchisee?
The following are what 7-Eleven looks for a franchisee:
- You love a good challenge, ready to put in hardwork, manage people and monitor finances, be a creative salesperson and help foster a shopping environment that entices your customers.
- A self-driven entrepreneur;
- Knows how to motivate his staff;
- Willing to directly oversee the operations of a 7-Eleven
- Service oriented, hardworking and possess strong entrepreneurial skills
- Financially capable to fund the investment
- Must not and is not directly or indirectly engaged in any similar business in conflict with 7-Eleven
How much is the investment required to own a 7-Eleven?
The financial requirement ranges from P1 to P5 Million. The investment includes the operational rights of the store, equipment and facilities, furniture and fixtures, air-con system, signage, and initial inventory.
How much is the return on investment?
The convenience store profitability is dependent on several factors such as; satisfying customer’s needs; how well you implement and work the 7-Eleven operating principles; sales performance; and your ability to control operating expenses. Other questions on financial viability will be discussed only during the application process.
What is the required lot size or floor area?
The floor area for a 7-Eleven store is ideally 120 square meters. Potential franchisee can still apply although they don’t have a location yet.
Further, a corporation may apply the franchise, but it is the required that the majority shareholder be the principal applicant and attends the training. The franchisee is required to successfully complete a 4-week full time training program which is combined classroom and in-store.
Who will provide the manpower to operate the store?
Store manpower salaries and benefits will be provided by the Franchisee
What are the steps to start applying for 7-Eleven Franchise?
To begin, schedule a franchise briefing. Franchise Briefings are conducted during Mondays and Thursdays, 10:00 AM onwards or 2:00 PM onwards at the Philippine Seven Corporation head office.
Download their Letter of Intent and Application Form (Visit their Application Information Web Page to download the forms)
STEP 1: Accomplish the Letter Of Intent
STEP 2: Complete your Application Form
STEP 3: Complete all required information submit your Letter Of Intent and Application Form to email@example.com
Below are the address and the contact information of Seven Eleven Corporation:
The Franchise Manager
Philippine Seven Corporation
7th Floor, Columbia Tower,
Ortigas Ave., near corner EDSA,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Hotline: +63 (02)726-9968
Fax : +63 (02)705-5229
Mobile : +63 (920)950-8651; +63 (917)871-1475
For more information and latest updates, please visit their official website at www.7-eleven.com.ph