If you are an employer, you may wish that all of your employees will always be excited about coming to work every day. We know that excitement means passion and energy. And when there is enthusiasm, there is also productivity. Moreover, productivity leads to business profitability and organizational stability. But how can a particular boss, manager or leader keep the tide of excitement and eagerness of his employees to report in the office and accomplish their jobs every day? The following are tips and ways that will guide you on how to activate the power and zeal of your people in the workplace.
1. Always give them the time and opportunity to shine. What makes them shine? It’s the bright ideas in their heads. Hence, always ask and encourage them to share their ideas, suggestions, comments and even their own decisions.
2. Make yourself shine. What will make you shine? It’s your openness, honesty, firmness and sincerity. If you are true to your words and promises, clear and never lie to your employees, they will see light in you. That light will give them trust, confidence and comfort to always want to be with you as a leader.
3. Give. When we plant, we are excited to harvest the fruits, isn’t it? If you want to make your employees excited about coming to work, show them that the fruits of their labor are assured for a good harvest. Thus, be generous and give them their due slices of success, with a little more icing. That success includes things that are financial, professional, personal and spiritual.
4. Offer space. Kids are happy to play in a place that is not too wide or too narrow. Too wide will scare them, while too narrow will suffocate them. This is also the same with employees. They will be happier and more motivated to work in a workplace that is neither too broad nor too tight. Hence, give them enough independence and avoid too much interference.
5. Have a good direction and destination. Don’t you want to make your employees uninterested in knocking at your office door? Provide them a great aim or goal, and then present them a clear path towards that goal. Give your people a very good reason why they should be excited to always come and work in their respective office cubicles. Never procrastinate in writing down and orienting your honest and sincere organizational mission, vision, objectives, procedures, policies, disciplines, principles and everything about achieving success for everyone inside the organization.
6. Be selfless. Give yourself to them. This involves giving your mouth to teach them, eyes to oversee them, brain to plan for them, heart to take care of them, ears to listen to them, hands to act on them, feet to run for them, and even your whole body to protect them. Don’t take it literally, you know I’m saying.
7. Make your employees love you. Just like any person who falls in love with someone, employees will be excited to come at work if they love their boss. But how could any employer or manager ever make his people love him? The answer is to triple your love. That is love yourself, love your employees, and lastly, love the entire organization. What is love? Love exists when compassion, patience, kindness, faithfulness and forgiveness work together as one.
I hope you enjoy this article.