So how can you make your small enterprise stand out from the crowd? Small businesses may find it difficult to compete with their bigger competitors. However, there are still many ways small entrepreneurs and business owners can do to win the business or market competition. Here are some tips on how to bring your small business on the top.
1. Stand on a great purpose. Build your business on a great purpose, mission or vision. If you only create your enterprise to make money, then you’re just like the most of the business persons in this world. Stand out by having deeper and higher purpose, such as to improve people’s lives or to help your country’s economy to progress. With that great purpose, you will be able to create a business model that will live for a long-term and will stand higher than the other businesses. Furthermore, your purpose will be felt and observed by people, causing them to give their attention and loyalty to your business.
2. Apply great business principles. Maintain the fundamental business policies that are usually ignored and escaped by most business owners, such as honesty, quality and integrity. If your business will be known for those great qualities, then your business, though small, will be viewed on the top. People and customers always highly regard a company that provides its consumers with answers, solutions and extra care.
3. Befriend the public. Be people oriented which means prioritizing people, including your customers, employees and your community. Even though your business is small, it doesn’t stop you to be socially responsible. You can always do charity to help the poor; you can always become a protector of our mother nature, or a promoter of your country’s national sports and culture. With these strategies, when done voluntarily and without self-interest, will help you get the approval of the masses.
4. Be innovative. Innovation will always keep your business feasible and ahead of the rest. But you should always bear in mind that innovating your business doesn’t only mean innovating your products. Business innovation also involves innovating your human resources, management and leadership style, business principles, and your business model as a whole. Be creative and always think something outside the box if you want your small enterprise stand out from the crowd.
5. Be relentless. Patience, diligence and persistence make any business person stands out from the crowd. Why? This is because getting to the top is a process that only those who don’t easily quit actually make it. Business competition is like a marathon that needs endurance in order to reach the finish line. Thus, be relentless in your good business and marketing campaigns. Don’t give up and keep moving forward until you reach the top.
“If you want to stand high, stand firm. If you want people to put you on the top, be like a street light, which is illuminating.” – Victorino Q. Abrugar