How to make your employees happy? Each people have their own uniqueness. That is why it’s hard to please everyone, such as in the case of your employees. To ensure the happiness of your workers, subordinates and followers – you need to make the organization happy. This means you need to make everyone happy – you, your employees and the organization as a whole. You need to be happy making your employees happy. Because even though you are doing your best effort to make your workers happy, if you’re not doing it cheerfully, you can’t make the organization happy – and you can’t make your employees truly happy.
Be the source of happiness
The first step in making your employees happy is to make yourself truly happy. This can be done by avoiding pride, envy and selfish ambitions. It can be realized by embracing love, humility, kindness, joy, peace, contentment, thankfulness and self-control. If you can do these things to yourself and achieve joy, you can now be ready to make other people happy.
Share the happiness
Now, if you already made yourself a truly happy leader, manager, supervisor, employer to your people, you got to share that happiness to them. What makes you happy and what makes you honored, share them to your people. Specifically, if you become happy because of business success, hard worked profit, corporate recognition or honor, you got to share them to your employees. This is how you will share your real source of happiness to make them happy.
Be a humble servant
As the leader of the organization, you need to become the greatest servant among the people inside it. It is because you have the greatest duty and responsibility in that organization. You are not only appointed by the people’s will – but God who is Almighty has also appointed you to do what is righteous and avoid what is wicked. Hence, you should not live by the desires of the physical world, but by the way of the spirits –which are the truth and eternal. Specifically, you should avoid the greed of money, selfish business ambitions, pride and envy.
You should remember that a leader has more people to follow and serve than a follower should. Bear in mind that when you’re a follower, you only follow and serve the leader, but when you’re a leader, you must follow and serve all your followers. That is why a manager or a leader should always be a servant who is both great and humble.
Things that make your employees happy
The following are things you can do to make your employees happy, motivated and productive:
1. Encouraging your employees to speak, listening to them and taking actions based on what you have listened.
2. Acknowledging and recognizing their hard work and contributions to your company
3. Promoting fair treatment and justice by avoiding discrimination and favoritism.
4. Showing kindness, generosity and grace by compensating them even more than what they deserve.
5. Promoting work-life balance
6. Providing personal and professional development trainings and seminars
7. Becoming a role-model: being firm and strict in implementing rules, while being gentle in rebuking
8. Providing comfortable, secured and hazard-free work zones
9. Promoting honesty, integrity and trustworthy within your business organization
10. Striving to achieve optimal business success that includes the success of your organization and your individual employees
The secret to making your employees happy is knowing the things that can make both of you and your employees happy. To give you an idea of what are those things, they are the pure things that exist oppositely from the temporary things on Earth. Things such as peace, love, kindness, thankfulness and joy will make any pure person happy. So to meet your happiness with the happiness of your employees, you should strive to purify yourself, as well as help your employees purify their selves.