How to Replace Lost or Damaged BIR TIN Card

Mar 31, 2012 by at Taxation

How to Replace Lost or Damaged BIR TIN Card

How to replace lost or damaged BIR TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number) card? If you have already registered a TIN before, but have lost your TIN card, or if your card has been damaged, here are the steps you can do to replace your TIN card and have a new one.

1. Know the BIR District Office where your TIN is currently registered. If you don’t know or is not sure with the Revenue District Office (RDO) where you are currently registered at, you can call and inquire at the BIR TIN Verification Office at 926-8339. You can also call BIR at 981-8888 or email them at .

2. After you have confirmed the RDO where your TIN is currently registered, get a copy or download BIR Form 1905 (Application for Registration Information Update) from the BIR website.

3. Fill up the form with your TIN, taxpayer’s name, reason for registration information update (i.e., replacement of Lost/Damaged TIN Card), signature, and other information that the BIR officer may require you.

4. Secure the required document/attachment for lost or damaged TIN Card. If your TIN Card was lost, secure an affidavit of loss. You can get a duly notarized affidavit of loss from a Notary Public in your town or city. If your TIN Card is damaged, but not lost, and you want to replace it, you need to bring the original TIN Card that is damaged.

5. Visit the BIR District Office where your TIN is currently registered and then file or submit your BIR Form 1905, together with the required documents to be attached (affidavit of loss for lost TIN Card and original TIN card for damaged card).

To check the address and contact numbers of BIR different divisions, Regional offices, and Revenue District Offices, you may visit BIR directory at their website.

To learn more about the registration of TIN for different types of taxpayers (i.e., individuals, partnership, or corporation), you may read our article on how to register TIN in the Philippines.

Receive Free Business Tips in Your Inbox!

You must activate the subscription in your email to receive free business tips daily. You can unsubscribe anytime. We respect your privacy.


  1. Jeric

    Paano po kung nakalimutan po yung number ng TIN? Paano po yun?

  2. Ands

    Pwede po ba na sa ibang branch na lang po ako mag request ng lost tin id ko?

    • I think you should request it in the RDO where you are originally registered.

      • Hi! Good Day!

        We live here in Bulacan but my father’s last employment was in Laguna. His ITR papers and other documents where we can find his TIN was washed out when our place got flooded .My father doesn’t know where he’s TIN was registered by his last employer which was Sarah Hazel Supermarket. We wish to recover his Tax Identification Number because Security Exchange Commission (SEC) required him to have it as the new President of Tricycle Operators Drivers Association (TODA) so that they can renew their membership with them. According to my father, the last administration of TODA failed to renew the membership and now that he wants to renew it, he was required to present his Tax Identification Number.

        If his TIN is being registered in Laguna, is there any chance that we can get it here in Bulacan just by presenting valid ID?

        I hope you can help us about this. Thank You in advance and God Bless!

      • michael

        I lost my TIN card before then I tried to file for replacement in the BIR branch where I registered. But they gave me a form and they told me that I need to file to another branch which is nearer to my workplace. Is that right? My previous workplace was nearer to the branch where I registered and my new workplace is not listed in their branch.

    • jason megias

      bawal po ba na kumuha sa ibang branch ng BIR sa nawala kong TIN CARD?

  3. jan

    Hi pano po pag nawala ko na ung TIN ko, kasi naalala ko dati ng kumuha ako ng Students Permit for Drivers License ni-require din po ito. Same Procedure din po ba ito na kukuha sa RDO? that was i think 5 years ago, makukuha ko parin ba ung TIN number na ginamit ko noon doon? thanks.

  4. sel

    gud day! ask ko lang po if saan po ako pde makuha ng TIN ID? meron na po ako Tin no..thanks for the reply

  5. Lawrence Navarro

    This very helpful. Thanks. God bless.

  6. joyce

    hello po ask ko lang kasi yung TIN Card ko hindi ko pa po nakukuha since 2003. andun pa po kaya yun, sa pasay po ako ng apply nun. e tga las pinas po ako. gusto ko po kcing magkaroon n ng ID.

  7. Darwin

    Hi Sir,

    Just want to know if you have any idea about the turnaround time of BIR I.D card replacement.
    Thank you.

  8. mark

    Good Day!

    pwede po ba magpapalit ako ng tin card pero iba na yung address kasi naglipat kami?

  9. Marie Jean Talatagod

    Hi!ask ko lang po kung anong dapat gawin o kailangan kapag magpifill-up ng 1905 form?kc po binigyan me ng form na 1905 at 2305 ng bgo kong employer.kylangan ko daw maayos yon pra mai update ung dati kong TIN.

  10. Luz Angeles

    May bayad po ba ang pagkuha ng TIN ID? pwede po bang kumuha uli ng TIN kahit meron ka na? Saan po pwedeng kumuha ng TIN ID na may picture?

  11. Joy Reyes

    Pwede po ba na ibang tao ang kumuha ng TIN card mo? anu po ung kailangan sa pagkuha pag magpapalakad po sa iba? salamat

Leave a Comment

Important: Repetitive questions will not be approved. Hence, before asking any question, please make an effort to read the article, previous comments and answers first. Further, please post your comment or question on the relevant articles. Kindly spare some time to browse our list of articles in the “Archives Page” ”. Please help us save more time we can use to continue writing, researching and providing 100% free and useful information for everyone. We reserve the right to reject any comment that will not follow these guidelines. Thank you.

× 8 = eight