Newspapers, magazines, websites, blogs and other online or printed reading materials need quality articles. Blogs for example, need highly influential blog posts to attract readers and visitors that will eventually help them increase traffic, popularity and profit. No matter how intense the promotion is, (i.e., social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), or direct promotion) if an article or blog post is lackluster, it will not consistently draw the attention of many people. Thus, it is vital that writers, bloggers, columnists, journalists and editors learn how to write a highly influential article. The following are important notes to take when writing such powerful and engaging article.
1. Be rich in information; be knowledgeable. People read articles because they are looking for information they don’t know yet and understand. Thus, you should ensure that you’re the most knowledgeable person on that topic you are writing. So it is important that you should write articles where you are an expert of. And though you’re the expert on that subject, you should still assure that you become the person who will provide the richest information among other writers. Hence, always keep on learning and honing your expertise at all times. Always assure that none of your potential readers will become more knowledgeable than the author of that article – you.
2. Be a catalyst; be the first. Highly influential articles are those that became the first revealer. Their writers and authors are the persons who are the first to uncover information that have not been offered to the world. That is why if you want to write an article that will surely capture the attention of many people, be the first digger, explorer and founder. Most influential authors are the ones who can dig great information, knowledge and wisdom deep within their outstanding minds, emotional intelligence and spiritual insights. So be an inventor just like Albert Einstein and Thomas Edison or be a great philosopher like Plato, Confucius and Ghandi. Take note that their words and works are among the most influential in the history of mankind.
3. Be innovative; be unique. Revelations or those articles that reveal information at its first may be highly engaging initially. However, time will pass that their shine will start to fade. Thus, innovation is needed. Writers should continuously revolutionize information, concepts, ideas or principles. Even if you become the first person to write an original concept, you can still earn great influence by writing the most improved and the most innovative concept. Bear in mind, that if you can’t be the first, be the best and always be the unique one.
4. Be generous; be committed. Another way to create an article that will magnetize people is to write it with dedication and generosity. Just like a one-stop shop, articles that offer everything that people need are most likely to attract readers. Hence, if you want to write an article that will be loved and be kept by many readers, you need to give everything that you can – be generous. Be diligent in writing and telling people almost everything you have on a specific topic. One of the most influential blog posts I ever published in this blog is titled “100 ways to become a better business person”. This article has been shared and stumbled by several people on different social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus One and StumbleUpon. The reason is that this blog post offers generous information. “It’s like reading hundred of books in a single article”… one reader commented.
5. Be a light – be clear. Physically and metaphysically, people go to places where there is light. They don’t want to stay in dark places; they don’t want to stay in confusion. People live with their lingering questions in life, and some of these questions even reside within them for so many years. Thus, articles which provide enlightenment and answers to their lingering questions are the ones that become highly influential. Therefore, search not only those wisdom that are flowery, but search those wisdom that are powerful. The wisdom that is divine is more powerful than the flowery and eloquent wisdom that come from men. To achieve that wisdom, you need to practice and justify your principles and belief. Meditations, reflections and digging within your inner self will help you find the truest and brightest truths and answers that will influence many people, as well as your readers.
6. Be an influential person. Finally, if you want to compose a highly influential article, you need to include yourself as part of that composition. You also need to be an influential person, who’s an influential writer. Hence, if you want to write an influential blog post, you need to first build your reputation as an influential blogger. If you wish to write influential columns in a magazine or in a newspaper, you also need to first build up your reputation and integrity as an influential columnist or journalist. That is why a highly influential article is not only made in a single day or month, but it is prepared for a longer period of time for building the authority and the name of the writer.
“If you want to influence people, start influencing the person you see in the mirror – you.”