Are you an aspiring entrepreneur who wants to build his own enterprise and bring it to the zenith of success and stardom? If you’re looking for sources of inspiration that will ignite your passion for business and entrepreneurship, you can take a look at some of the world’s most prominent business magnates who have either started their own enterprises or become the key contributors of growth, innovation and success to existing companies. The way they develop their businesses, manage their people, market their products, and live their life will give us ideas and insights on our way to entrepreneurial success. They have influenced a lot of people and their names will live in the history of great business. Below, I compiled a list of famous entrepreneurs in the world with their brands and companies which brought them to their fame and fortune.
1. Bill Gates – Co-founder and Chairman of Microsoft
2. Bill Hewlett & David Packard – Founders of Hewlett Packard
3. Carlos Slim Helu – Chairman & CEO of Telmex and América Móvil
4. Chung Mong Koo – Chairman of Hyundai Motor Group
5. Craig Newmark – Founder of Craigslist
6. Dave Thomas – Founder of Wendy’s
7. David H. McConnell –Founder of Avon
8. Donald Trump – Chairman and President of The Trump Organization
9. Frederick W. Smith – Founder, Chairman, President, and CEO of FedEx
10. George Lucas – Founder and Chairman of Lucasfilm, creator of Star Wars
11. Giorgio Armani – Co-founder of Giorgio Armani S.P.A.
12. Gordon Moore – Co-founder and Chairman Emeritus of Intel Corporation
13. Henry Ford – founder of the Ford Motor Company
14. Howard Schultz – Chairman and CEO of Starbucks
15. Jack Crawford Taylor – Founder of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company
16. Jeffrey P. Bezos – Founder, President, CEO, and chairman, of Amazon.com
17. Jerry Jones – owner of NFL team, the Dallas Cowboys
18. Jerry Yang and David Filo – Founders of Yahoo
19. Larry Ellison – Co-founder and Chief Executive of Oracle Corporation
20. Larry Page & Sergey Brin – Founders of Google
21. Lee kun-hee – Chairman of Samsung
22. Mark Cuban – Owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks
23. Mark Pincus – Co-founder of Zynga
24. Mark Zuckerberg – Co-founder of Facebook
25. Michael Dell – Founder, Chairman and CEO of Dell
26. Michael Bloomberg – Founder of Bloomberg L.P.
27. Michele Ferrero – Owner of Ferrero SpA
28. Oprah Winfrey – Founder of Harpo Productions
29. Philip “Phil” Knight – Co-founder and Chairman of Nike, Inc.
30. Pierre Omidyar – Founder/Chairman of eBay
31. Ray Kroc – Established McDonald’s
32. Richard Branson – Chairman of Virgin Group
33. Robin Li – Co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Baidu, Inc.
34. Rupert Murdoch – Founder and Chairman and CEO of News Corporation (Fox Broadcasting)
35. Sam Walton – Founder of Walmart
36. Soichiro Honda – Founder of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
37. Steve Jobs – Co-founder of Apple
38. Ted Turner – Founder of CNN
39. Warren Buffett – Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
40. Walt Disney – Co-founder of Walt Disney
Did I overlook someone? If you think I’ve forgotten a world famous business leader and icon that should be included in the list, please share it by making a comment below. To your ultimate success!
Reference: Wikipedia, Forbes and the corresponding websites of the companies listed above.