Money and fame are two of the things that every person desires. However, when it comes to great business and excellent entrepreneurship, being rich and famous is not enough. Business aspirants should make a legacy, consisting of inspirations, reputations, outstanding brands and companies that help people lives. To present some of our country’s top business personalities, whom we can reflect, we have gathered names of famous Filipino Entrepreneurs and their brands in the Philippines. In an alphabetical order, you will find below a list of our nation’s prominent entrepreneurs and business magnates.
1. Alfonso T. Yuchengco – Heads Yuchengco Group of Companies, Chairman of Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC), Chairman of the Mapua Institute of Technology.
2. Alfredo M. Yao – Zest-O Corp. (Zest-O)
3. Amable R. Aguiluz V – AMA Institute of Computer Studies (AMA)
4. Axel Kornerup – Netopia Internet Café (Netopia)
5. Andrew Gotianun – runs the Filinvest Development Corporation.
6. Andrew Tan- runs the Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI), Megaworld Corporation, Emperador Distillers, Golden Arches Development Corporation – Possesses a franchise of McDonald’s
7. Ben Chan – Bench Apparels (Bench)
8. Ben Colayco – Level Up
9. Bernie H. Liu – owner of Penshoppe
10. Bienvenido Tantoco, Sr – Rustans Department Stores and Supermarkets
11. Bryan Tiu – owner of Teriyaki Boy Restautant
12. Betty Ang – President of privately held Monde Nissin, maker of instant noodles, biscuits and snack foods (Lucky Me!, Monde and Bingo).
13. Cecilio Kwok Pedro – founder of Lamoiyan Corp. (Hapee toothpaste)
14. Dr.Rolando B. Hortaleza and Dra. Rosalinda Ang – Home Beauty Exclusives (HBC)
15. Edgar Sia II – Founder of Mang Inasal (70% share acquired by Jolibee Corporation in October 2010)
16. Emilio T. Yap – owns Manila Bulletin, chairman of the Manila Hotel and Chairman Emeritus of Philtrust Bank
17. Felipe L. Gozon – current chief executive and chair of GMA Network Inc. (GMA 7)
18. Frederick Dy – chairman of the publicly-listed universal bank, Security Bank Corporation
19. George Ty – founder of Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company (Metrobank)
20. Henry Lim Bon Liong – Sterling Paper Group of Companies
21. Henry Sy – founder of SM Group and chairman of SM Prime Holdings, Shoe Mart (SM)
22. Jaime Zobel de Ayala – chairman emeritus of the Ayala Corporation (Ayala)
23. Jesus Tambunting – Chairman and CEO of Planters Development Bank
24. John Gokongwei – chairman of JG Summit Holdings, Cebu Pacific Air, Digital Telecommunications (Sun Cellular), owns Universal Robina Corporation, controls Robinsons Land and Malls (Robinsons)
25. Jon Ramon Aboitiz – President of the Aboitiz & Co., and Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc.
26. Jose S. Concepcion Jr. – CEO of RFM (Selecta Ice Cream, Swift Hotdogs, Sunkist beverages, Fiesta Spaghetti, Vitwater)
27. Les Reyes – President and CEO of Reyes Hair Cutters
28. Lucio Tan – owns Asia Brewery, Tanduay Holdings, Fortune Tobacco, Philippine Airlines (PAL)
29. Manuel V Pangilinan – Chairman of the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT), owner of ABC/TV5 network, Cignal Digital TV and Smart Communications.
30. Oscar M. Lopez – Chairman Emeritus of the Lopez Holdings Corporation (formerly known as Benpres Holdings Corporation).
31. Pacita ‘Chit’ Juan – Figaro Coffe Company
32. Ricky Reyes – founder of Ricky Reyes
33. Roberto R. Gandionco – Julie’s Franchise Corp.
34. Roberto S. Claudio – Toby’s Sports and Hobbies Salon
35. Rolando Hortaleza – Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of the publicly-listed company, Splash Corporation
36. Rommel Juan – President of Binalot Fiesta Foods
37. Sandy Javier – Andoks Litson Corporation (Andok’s)
38. Soccoro Ramos – founder of National Bookstore
39. Tess Ngan Tian – President and tresurer of Lots ‘A Pizza
40. Tony Tan Caktiong- Caktiong – founded the fast food chain Jollibee.
41. Victor Tan – Bobson Apparel
42. Vivian Que Azcona – President of Mercury Group (Mercury Drug Stores)
43. Washington Z. Sycip – cofounder of the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) and Sycip Gorres Velayo and Company (SGV).
44. Wilfred Uytengsu Jr.- President and Chief Executive Officer Alaska Milk Corporation
This list will be updated from time to time. If you know a Filipino entrepreneur that should be included in the list, please share it by making a comment below.