To title this post as the most powerful search engine optimization (SEO) technique in the Universe may be a fairy tale or a science fiction. However, this is not magical, but a simple, principled, yet technical article that we critically need at this moment where Google is kicking out a number of small to large websites away from their giant search engine. SEO is an important process that should benefit webmasters, internet marketers, the search engines, and most importantly, the search engine users. It is a great thing that ever happened in the Internet marketing world. For webmasters and bloggers, SEO can help their websites and blogs achieve success. But many self-proclaimed SEO experts have besmeared the term SEO with various unethical activities that ruin the term’s reputation. In fact, some people already view SEO as synonymous with spamming. But it should not be… SEO is good. Google even encourages it. Check out Google’s search engine optimization starter guide here.
Google is penalizing and de-indexing several websites on their database, and there is no exception whether it’s a tiny website or a large one. They are also implementing several updates and significant changes on the algorithm to seriously get rid of the low quality links that are appearing on the search engine results pages (SERP). This gives headache to several Internet marketers who rely on too much automated SEO techniques, without giving value and quality to their targeted audience. Now, everyone who wants to search engine optimize their website is asking what’s the best SEO technique that would not imperil their sites from Google’s punishments? So here is this most powerful SEO technique that you can try to unleash to the online world.
The most powerful SEO technique
Whether you agree or not, the most powerful and most important technique for me is collaboration – a cooperation between SEO and search engines. Google is big… so big, and we can’t deny it. However the search engine giant is not perfect. It still has many flaws and weaknesses. I have already many experiences of trying to search for specific information on Google, but only ended up with a list of useless links. I know you can also relate on this. Now, the rule of a genuine SEO expert is to help Google fix its weaknesses. A true SEO should provide contents that can fill in the missing quality data on Google’s SERP. Google needs the right web pages; webmasters and publishers need Google. No matter how powerful Google is as a search engine, it cannot exist without web pages to be indexed. Thus, the most important SEO strategy is one that teams up Google and the web page owners or marketers. This strategy will also remove any possibility that Google will punish or ban your site. It’s simply because you are becoming a partner of Google in optimizing its search engine.
SEO is not just page optimization without optimizing or improving the search engine. Obviously, SEO is search engine optimization – you optimize the search engine… and not only your page.
How to implement this SEO technique
So how do we implement this effective SEO technique? Here are the 4 simple steps to accomplish that:
1. Be an expert. It should start within yourself. If you want a successful website or blog, then you should have the specific knowledge, skills and expertise to provide the best content or value on your site. In other words, don’t create content on topics you are not expert of. If you’re a blogger, don’t write blog posts on topics you don’t really know. It will only result to creating garbage contents that Google wants to get rid of. Everyone has an expertise; everyone has something that he or she does it best. We just need to research ourselves. So start the research on yourself. Start “self-optimization”. If you can find your passion and the thing that can really define you, then stick to that niche. In that niche you can provide the best content that can optimize the search engines, as well as satisfies the audience. Aside from optimizing yourself, you can also optimize your team who contribute to your site.
2. Determine the search engine’s problems. After finding the niche where you and your team are expert of, it’s time to check the search engine for flaws and fix them. This is perhaps the technical part of this technique. However, you don’t need SEO software to do this. Google, itself, provides you simple to use software to search for things to be optimized. Its search engine is already a powerful script or software that can help you. So all you need to do is to visit Google.com and do the following:
a. Consider your expertise. The one we have discussed in #1.
b. Search for terms related to your expertise. For example if you’re a taxman, search for terms related to taxation. If you’re a tech expert, then search for technology related terms that you think people are usually searching.
c. Take note of the suggested terms given by Google. Even if you only enter a few words, Google will suggest long tail keywords related to what you are typing in the search field. These suggested search terms are usually what people are searching. See example of suggested search terms by Google below:
d. Check the SERP if it is already filled with quality answers or links. This is how you will determine if the SERP is weak or is already optimized.
e. If yes, then find another term. Don’t optimize the search engine if it’s already optimized. In other words, don’t write content and try to appear on the SERP if the best web pages are already there. You will just clutter the SERP – and that’s not optimization. But if you really insist on appearing on the SERP for a particular keyword, all you have to do is to provide a content that will be the best among the best.
f. If there are no quality answers, then the SERP is weak. It’s time to help Google and optimize the SERP. Move to step #3.
3. Create a solution. Your objective is to “help” Google, as well as its users. After finding out a weakness in the SERP that is related to your expertise, it’s now time to create a web page or content that will fill the missing quality and answer on that SERP. So through your savvy and expertise, create a useful content to supply the SERP.
4. Fix the problem. To SEO, you should also know how to implement the basic on-page optimization procedures, such as creating the right meta elements (title, description, tags or keywords), images, alt-text for images, sitemap, and optimizing your website for fast loading. Furthermore, a simple link building, such as submitting to authoritative web directories and top social sites bookmarking sites will also help. There’s no need to overdo SEO. After optimizing your own page, it’s time to publish and get your quality web page to be indexed by Google for the particular SERP that you want to optimize. Monitor your web page if it is already on the previously weak SERP of Google. If it’s already on the first page, or better if it’s already on the top of the SERP, then your SEO is a success. You have just optimized the search engine and help it show a quality search result for its users.
How did I implement this SEO technique
Here is a sample of my implementation on that technique on this blog.
1. I am a Certified Public Accountant. I have a formal education and years of experience in taxation.
2. I searched Google for taxation related keywords. The search engine suggested me some keywords.
3. I found out that the SERP for the term “how to compute income tax return Philippines” is weak. In other words, Google did not provide answers to this popular search term.
4. I do simple on-page optimization, such as creating the right site title, description, tags, keywords, and building a sitemap. I also fix my internal links and make the site navigational friendly. I also do simple link building, such as making engaging comments to related blogs, submission to major website directories and some social bookmarking.
5. Then I create not only one article/web page to supply answers to the SERP, but at least more than three web pages with the quality articles.
6. After publishing the blog posts or pages, here are the results of that SERP:
I have three web pages on the top of the SERP, and those pages alone are giving me lots of visitors. I help Google by providing its SERP with answers. Now, Google is also helping me by referring significant traffic. This is how collaboration works. Of course if you want to get this kind of result, you don’t need to write tax articles and make your nose bleeding. You just need to write content according to your expertise. If you’re in the news niche, you’ve got to be very fast and strive to be the first just like an expert news reporter. If you think there are already several experts for that particular category in the world, you should consider becoming the best first in your own country – consider geotargeting.
The collaborative SEO technique harmonizes the SEO and the search engine. It involves not only the right technical skills, but also the right personal attitude and values of an Internet marketer. Because of the quality contents that the SEO creates, its web pages are deeply indexed in the search engine – deep enough that Google will not de-index it. Of course, if Google knows that you are helping their search engine to become more effective and efficient than ever, a friendship between you and the big G is created.