Twitter has been one of the top microblogging social media in the world for the past years. No wonder why business owners, Internet marketers, social networking fanatics, and everyone who wants to have a great connection to the online community spend many hours of the day tweeting their 140-character tweets to their followers. The level of one’s influence on Twitter is measured based on the number of his or her followers. This means that the more followers you have the more influence you can have, which is also a great thing when you want to promote your business or products online. Thus, it is important to attract more followers. However, being so aggressive to do this, especially by using automatic software and script, may cause your account to be suspended or terminated. That is why it is still nicer and safes to attract more followers using the humane way. Here are tips to increase your Twitter followers manually.
1. Make an interesting twitter background. If you invest time to make an interesting Twitter background, it shows that you are also sincere in paying attention to your existing and prospective followers. This also shows that you will likely spend more time in Twitter and be active in connecting to your followers. Thus, you are attracting more followers.
2. Have a captivating twitter profile picture. Don’t leave your profile picture with an egg (the default profile picture). This will only show that you haven’t updated your profile since the time you’ve signed up for an account with Twitter. Upload a great picture which represents the true you. When a user has a real picture of him in Twitter, it’s an indication that he is there not only to promote his business or product, and make money, but more importantly to make real friends.
3. Tweet interesting tweets as often as you can. If you want to get noticed in the Twitter world, keep tweeting sensible tweets. Users like me usually follow other users who have the most updated tweet. This is because they are more likely the ones who will follow me back quickly.
4. Tell them that you follow back and be true to it. State in your “profile bio” that you follow back. If users will notice that you follow back, they will surely follow you if they are expecting a follow in return. There will be also a big chance that some users will include you in their list of people who follow back. When you get listed, more people will follow you.
5. Follow back as fast as you can. Recently, I was surprised when my Twitter profile suddenly got a substantial increase in the number of followers. I checked it out and I find out that the reason was because I get listed in a list titled “people who will follow back quickly 100%”. That was the reason why more users have attracted and followed me. If you will get listed to that kind of list, expect more people to follow you.
6. Thank your followers for following you. Be grateful to your followers by sending them thank you messages and or by giving them mentions and shout outs. If you do this kind of kindness and generosity, your followers will more likely do the same to you. I also suggest sending them a more personalized thank you message rather than an auto response to make your followers feel special and start offering a longer social relationship in with you.
7. Follow users who follow back. If you’re tired of waiting for users who will follow you, go and find people like you, who are following back. You can also check their profile if they guarantee a follow back. Another tip and trick is to find “retweets” which says… RETWEET IF YOU FOLLOW BACK. People who retweet that tweet are more likely to follow you back. The good thing is these people are most likely online and will quickly follow you back.
8. Mention people who will mention you back. Mentioning someone using the @Mentions will mention that user to all the followers of the one who have mentioned that user. Thus, it will give a bigger opportunity to the one mentioned to gain more followers. Search and check users who offer not only follow back, but also a mention.
9. Shout out people who will shout out you back. Actually, shout out is also a mention. As it is called, it is a mention that shouts someone to follow him or her. An example of a shout out is: “SHOUTOUT TO @viclogic GO FOLLOW HIM!”. Now, search further for users who are offering shout outs if you will follow them.
10. Connect to other social media network. Twitter is not only the popular social networking site. If you have a Facebook account (I know you have), a blog and other social media, then connect and promote your Twitter page on these media and encourage your visitors and friends to follow you at Twitter. For example, I am the author of this blog, I’ll be so grateful and excited if you will connect with me on Twitter at @viclogic.
There are many other ways, tips and tricks to increasing followers to your Twitter Profile. You just need to be active and be nice to your Twitter friends and followers. You can also promote your page offline, that is, promoting your profile to your personal friends, co-workers, families and anyone whom you usually meet outside the online world. Remember that the Internet can be a great help to anyone in terms of business, friendship and just anything. We just need to be nice and be helpful with it.