So you want to increase your customers and boost your sales? Your business needs an effective marketing campaign to penetrate your target market, attract loyal customers, and build profitable relationship with them. But what makes a marketing strategy or campaign effective? Here are some tips to rock your marketing and make it run successfully.
1. It should not look like a marketing campaign. Your marketing strategy and tactics should not be obtrusive to your prospective customers. It should appear to potential customers as a campaign to help them, not a campaign to help your business. Remember that effective actors and actresses are the ones who don’t look like just acting in movies or films. Hence, be a natural marketer. Be an inbound marketer. Create a value or a solution that will let your customers come to your business naturally, happily and inevitably.
2. It should be intelligent. You should plan your marketing campaign and use intelligent data. It must identify your goals and the strategies, tactics and steps to achieve those goals. It’s also important that you have a great knowledge about your competitors to stay on top of the game. In other words, your marketing campaign should have a head, which is composed of a brain to intelligently think, ears to hear your potential customers, nose to smell your competitors, and eyes to see your present and future.
3. It should have emotions. Your customers are human beings. They have human thoughts and emotions. Therefore, see to it that your marketing campaign has the elements to touch the human side of your customers. It’s good to leverage automated marketing tools to make your marketing procedures more efficient. You can utilize social media and other digital marketing channels. However, make sure that your marketing campaign can communicate like a human, not a robot.
4. It should be full of action. Your emotional marketing campaign can ignite the thoughts and emotions of your customers. But if you will not follow it up with actions, you might fail to turn them into loyal customers. Marketing isn’t only about advertising your products. It’s more about your products – what actions and solutions they can provide to your customers. Hence, if you want to make your marketing campaign more effective, always see to it that the products you are offering to customers can walk the talk.
5. It should be consistent. Unlike a good movie that ends with a happy ending, your marketing efforts should be endless. You should consistently help your customers have a better life. You have to constantly provide solutions that will solve their everyday problems. Remember that a great marketing campaign doesn’t end when it already attracted customers and raked profits. A great marketing should continue taking care of your customers even after they make a purchase. It must continue making people happy.
So how do you market your business? Does it have the qualities that make a marketing campaign effective? Feel free to share your comments and insights in the comments below.