With the rise of Google, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, the entire social media, and the Internet itself, people are now spending most of their time online – searching for the information they want, connecting with friends, expressing themselves, and even marketing and doing business to make money online. There are already several people who are cashing in through different money making systems and techniques on the Internet. There are some who are making millions and have already converted their businesses into corporations, while there are also some individuals who are earning money enough to sustain their daily simple living. Filipinos can also make money online. If you are determined to earn income on the Internet, here are 17 and more ways on how to make money online in the Philippines.
Create a blog
By creating a blog alone, you will already have several income opportunities to choose. A blog is a type of website that regularly publishes a blog post or series of blog posts to a broad or a particular audience. Through it, you will have the following ways or opportunities to make money online:
1. Placing ads from Google AdSense, the easiest and most popular way to monetize a blog. Although getting approved for a new account may take time and may require that your blog should be active, should contain quality and unique content, and should be at least 6 months old.
2. Accepting direct ads and sponsors. You can also accept direct advertisers and sponsors to advertise in your blog. Since you will have a direct agreement with them, without any third party or ad broker, you can enjoy full advertising income. However, getting direct advertisers is not easy. You have to create a popular or a top blog in a particular niche to become attractive to direct advertisers or sponsors.
3. Promoting affiliate programs. Affiliate programs or networks, like Amazon, ClickBank, and Commission Junction are also among the best monetization schemes you can try to make money online on your blog. Here, you will make money from the commission you will get for referring a person or customer to buy your affiliate product or services.
4. Selling your own products. If you can build a blog and earn loyal readers or followers, you can also turn them into your own customers. You can sell your own product or services. For example, you can sell your own eBook, training videos, and professional services.
5. Placing other ads. Well, AdSense is not the only advertising program that you can implement on your blog. There are other alternative ads aside from AdSense that you can try, such as Infolinks, Chitika, AdBrite, Clicksor, BidVertiser, and other advertising networks that is applicable in your country or region. However, take note to carefully read all of their terms and conditions as they may not be compatible to use with each other.
Provide Internet marketing services
With billions of Internet users in the world, the online audience is one very important market every business owner and marketer should tap. That is why they call on Internet marketers. Whether as a freelance professional or as an Internet marketing company, you can make money online by providing the following Internet marketing services to various clients:
6. Search engine optimization. SEO is the process of improving the ranking of a website or a web page on the search engine result pages (SERPs) to drive more organic or natural traffic to the website from those search engines (e.g., Google, Yahoo and Bing).
7. Social media marketing. This is the process of creating and implementing marketing campaigns in the social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, and blogs) to get the attention of social media users and increase the popularity of a website or brand.
8. Online reputation management. ORM is a practice that aims to monitor and manage the reputation of a person, company, brand, or website over the Internet.
9. Web design and development. This involves creating and developing a website for companies who want to strengthen their business presence online.
10. Search engine marketing. Search engine marketing usually involves paid advertising efforts to show up in the search engine search results page.
11. Other Internet marketing services. There are also other online marketing services you can offer to your clients, such as email marketing, referral marketing, affiliate marketing, banner advertising, and PPC marketing.
12. Internet marketing consultancy. Aside from the services above, you can also provide Internet marketing consultancy services to your clients.
Other ways to make money online
There are many other ways to make money online. One should only have to be talented and be creative to find out the best way for him or her to generate income online. The following are more ways to make money online that you may find interesting:
13. Website flipping. This involves developing a website or a blog with the intention to sell it later to a buyer or new owner. This is actually the method I used to make my first significant money online. You can find a direct buyer or you can sell your website through a network like Flippa.com.
14. Writing and editing. There is a high demand online on quality content. But not all business and website owners can write or create quality content. That is why they are hiring writers and editors who can provide them with that.
15. Web host reselling. This practice involves purchasing a major web hosting account from a reliable web hosting service provider, and then dividing it into several web hosting packages for reselling. This business is good to combine with your website design and development services.
16. Online MLM. I’m not a big fan of MLM or Multi-level marketing because I’m not an aggressive type of marketer. However, if you are, then you can also try to enter in this field. I actually have many friends who are actually making money on this kind of business.
17. Other online professional services. Depending on your talent, skill and expertise, you can almost provide any service online as long as there are people or consumers who will need it. For example, if you are a teacher, you can provide online tutorials on your favorite subjects. If you are an accountant, you can provide online accounting and bookkeeping services. You can also provide online consultancy or coaching services, such as business consulting, life coaching, and management consulting.
The Internet is a great resource, not only to dig for information, friendship, connection, and entertainment online, but also to dig for financial wealth or profit. There are many ways to make money online. We just need to be resourceful. And if we think we lack the required skills and passion to succeed, we have to learn further and work harder to acquire those skills and knowledge we need to successfully make money on the Internet.