We all want to build a business that will last and will bring us long-lasting success. We want a business that could give us sustainable life for our family and even for our next generations. We don’t want a business that only profits for a while, but suddenly collapses in an instance. We don’t like a business that gives us money, but causes us many sleepless nights. If you want to achieve business and entrepreneurial success that is not only temporary, but also permanent, here are strategies with their tactics that could give your business and life lasting success.
1. Be ready to do business
Make sure that you have preparedness in yourself before you enter in the business world to face and overcome the tough challenges it awaits you. Whether it’s a small business or a big one, you have to be equipped with the necessary skills and weapons just like a trained soldier who is ready for battle and ready to claim victory. The more you are prepared, the more you will not easily quit. To be ready to rumble in business, here are some tactics that could help you.
• Make a SMARTER (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound, evaluated, and reevaluated) business plan.
• Attend adequate training or seminars about the specific business you are about to undertake – you will need this to be more familiarized with your chosen niche.
• Attend leadership and human resource management training – you will need this to handle people.
• Attend customer service training and seminar – you will need this to handle customers.
• Have a business mentor to guide you.
• Study and analyze the ways of the proven successful business persons and entrepreneurs.
• Study your target niche market and analyze the competition.
• Align your passion to your chosen business niche.
• Learn how to be friendly and have confidence.
2. Keep your employees happy
Happy employees, who feel valued and appreciated by their employers, are motivated to work. With this motivation, your business will increase its productivity and profitability rate. Keep your workers happy and feeling fulfilled with the following tactics.
• Train them to develop their talents and skills so that they would be happy about their personal and professional development.
• Assign them to the job, in which they will be passionate or be challenged.
• Ensure their protection against hazard and losses.
• Respect their personal rights.
• Respect their privacy.
• Honor your word and promises.
• Be a role model.
• Do not overload them with work and assignments.
• Recognize their efforts and thank them.
• Coach them personally to show that you are still reachable as a boss.
• Give them enough independence or employee empowerment.
• Conduct exciting and interesting team-building activities.
• Preserve your business reputation and integrity so that your employees will feel honored and will also have good night’s sleeps.
• As the business owner or leader, strive your company or organization to be profitable so that you and your people have the reasons to rejoice
3. Maintain quality and excellence
The key to lasting business profitability and sustainability is lasting productivity and marketability. To ensure that your business produces quality products and services that sell and satisfy customers, here are some tactics to put into actions:
• Hire the best personnel and train them.
• Hire experts that can specifically help your business.
• Establish control quality in your business system, including control on acceptance or rejection of orders or of clients.
• Offer incentive programs to your workers or employees to make them more productive and cooperative to accomplishing your business goals.
• Study your business competitors and their products on the market to ensure that you are offering the best products in the market.
• Establish business mission, vision, principles and core values to be strictly adhered by everyone inside your organization.
• Encourage customers’ feedback to determine their concern and how you can serve them better.
• Listen and be open-minded with the suggestions of your employees or subordinates.
4. Attract loyal customers
If you want to build a business that lasts, you have to create relationship with your customers that also last. Without customers, we cannot generate revenue or sales. And without loyal customers, we cannot sustain lasting sales. That is why focusing on creating long and lasting relationship is a great strategy for your business. Here are some effective tactics to attract loyal customers:
• Wow your customers by giving extra services beyond what they are paying.
• Wow your customers by delivering their orders and demands earlier than they expected without destroying correct timing.
• Reward your customers, whether in the form of discount, freebies and gifts, goods or cash.
• Practice your social responsibility to show people that you care not only for your business, but also for the whole community or the world. Protect the environment, be charitable, and even practice nationalism.
• Bring business presence online, where most people are already spending most of their time through online marketing, such as search engine optimization, social media and blogging.
• Create unique products and provide services that solve people’s problems and transform the lives of your consumers.
• Respect your customers.
• Always give them a warm welcome and a cool smile to make them feel special.
• Share your blessings when your business makes profit to show your gratitude to your customers.
5. Have work-life balance
You are the head and the leader of your own business. Your business, employees, customers and all your business stakeholders depend on you. It’s okay to be hardworking and push yourself beyond your limit to serve what is extraordinary. However, you also have to protect your health and body to continue what you are working. Without a healthy you, you can hardly have a healthy business. Thus, it’s important to have a good lifestyle that will make you always strong and healthy to do business. The following are some tactics and ways to have a work-life balance and have a healthy body and mind.
• Rise early. Yes, wake up early to begin your work early and finish it early.
• Have regular exercise depending on your body structure (age, height, weight, etc.,).
• Have a balanced diet. Cut off the bad cholesterol.
• Practice fasting. It will teach you how to have patience, endurance and self-discipline.
• Give yourself an hour to find wisdom and inner peace by practicing reflection or meditation.
• Organize your stuff.
• Give yourself some rejuvenating vacation. Give your employees enjoyable vacations as well.
• Learn how to delegate other tasks so that you may avoid work overloading.
• Separate your work office from your home.
• Spend time to talk with people offline. Visit your old friends, instead of just using the Internet or phone to communicate with them.
• Spend time or a day with your family and loved ones at least every weekend. Always fulfill your promises to your wife or husband, children, friends, and to your God.
In every strategy, we should have a series of tactics to carry out that strategy more efficiently and effectively. In every series of tactics, we should have a strategy that will serve as a guide or direction of those tactics to achieving our long-term and major goals. If we want to achieve lasting success in business, we have to make sure that our business strategies are paired with the right tactics to ensure that our long-term goal will be achieved through achieving a series of short-term goals.