Blogging is becoming more and more popular, as they have been given an increasing attention, not only in the Internet media, but also in the printed and other traditional media, like television and radio. Bloggers have even become the common subject in the recent news and stories online and offline. And perhaps, if you are reading this article right now, I don’t need much introduction of what blog is. But if you don’t really know what a blog is… well, you are actually reading a blog right now. Yes, this site is a blog, I am a blogger, and what I am doing is blogging.
May people have tried their luck to enter into the world of blogging. They have done it for several reasons, such as gaining some fame, satisfying their self for expressing what’s on their mind and heart, and most commonly, earning money online. In making money online through blogging, many have already failed, but there are also a number of bloggers who have succeeded. Those who have succeeded are now enjoying income, either passive or active.
Active and passive income
An active income is a type of income that is variable and depends on your work or performance rate. It means that when you don’t work, you don’t make money. An example of this is when you are selling products or services (e.g., eBook, website design services, and SEO services) on your blog. When there is no sale realized on your blog, you don’t make money.
On the other hand, passive income is a type of income that you currently earn with little effort. It is a fixed or stable type of earnings that you currently make even while you are sleeping or enjoying a vacation somewhere else. This type of income includes advertising income from banner ads, AdSense, and earnings from affiliate programs.
How to earn stable income through blogging?
Now, everyone wants a stable income – an income that they can earn while maintaining a work-life balance or while enjoying maximum time with their family and loved ones. But is this kind of income as easy as its definition? Is passive income really means earning with a little effort? The answer is no. Passive income is an income that you “currently” earn with little effort. Meaning, that “little effort” thing already happens when you are already earning such income. But before you earn it, you have to exert a great effort in building an asset that will make you earn passive or stable income.
Yes, you have to invest great effort, which includes your precious time, energy, and even some money to build a blog that will generate stable income. You need to invest time to focus on creating quality content on your blog and wait till it grows. You may also invest some money to spend in making your blog more premium and controllable, like buying your own domain name and paying for your domain hosting.
Tips to building a blog that will earn stable income
If you wish to earn passive or stable income, here are important tips and ways to start building a blog that could generate such income at the right time:
1. Intend to build a blog that earns passive income. Start a blog with a goal in mind or in a written plan that will eventually earn a stable income, and then follow it with discipline. In other words, don’t start a blog just to earn money from posting sponsored posts even if these posts are not in quality and not useful to your targeted audience.
2. Create quality content or blog posts. With an objective to eventually earn passive or stable income, you have to focus on making and publishing high quality and useful content on your blog. Your content or blog posts are the main product of your blog. If you want to earn stable income from your blog, then you have to create stable blog posts for your blog.
3. Publish frequently. Aside from the quality of your blog posts, the quantity or the number of your posts also matters a lot. I have already personally tested and concluded that a blog with more quality and targeted blogs posts will attract more traffic than a blog with fewer posts of the same kind. Hence, we have to invest more time in writing or making more and more quality content on our blog. If you have some money, you may also try to hire quality article writers to help you that.
4. Target organic traffic through SEO. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your blog’s pages to attract organic traffic from search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing. SEO is one of the most important strategies that helped this blog to attract more traffic, as well as stable income from AdSense. You can check my post about one of my most favorite SEO techniques that I used in this blog. Visitors from search engines keep on coming to your blog even while you are sleeping or doing nothing. That is why if you want to have a stable income, you need to combine the quality and quantity of your content with SEO. With quality content, you can expect that your search engine ranking and your organic traffic will be safe from Google’s algorithm updates, like the Panda and Penguin updates.
5. Build your social media network. Aside from SEO, social media marketing also plays a very important role in attracting more traffic to your blog. This is done by creating engaging pages and profile on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other social networking sites. This can also be practiced by sharing your blog posts to social media people or by creating social media buttons on your blog to encourage your visitors and readers to share your content to their friends and networks on social media. Remember that the more loyal social media followers you have, the more your income will be stable. For example, a Facebook page with 20,000 likes will be more stable than a Facebook page with only 2,000 likes or followers.
Focus, patience, and diligence are very important keys to create a blog that can generate passive or stable income. Before you can earn with little effort, you have to invest great effort first in the beginning. Before you can earn with a little time, you have to focus and sacrifice first many of your precious time at the start. And when you have already built the blog that can generate stable income, you also have to learn how to spend your money wisely. You may also consider investing your passive income to earn more passive income.