How to boost traffic and increase visitors to your website or blog? To drive more traffic to a website or blog is one of the most important goals any web owner or blogger desire of. For online business owners and Internet entrepreneurs, traffic means profit. The more visitors you have, the more prospective customers you have. Moreover, the more people visiting your site, the more page impressions you will have. These impressions can be converted to more advertising income or sales lead. That is why if you are running a website or just blogging to make money online, you need to learn the following 37 tips and tricks to help your business website or blog spreads its audience.
1. Publish useful articles, which can increase your visitors’ knowledge; answer their questions and solve their problems.
2. Create unique contents, which can only be found in your website or blog. Be the first to write a certain article.
3. Write and publish the hot and trendy topics. This will give you short-term, yet high amount of traffic. Also update these contents when necessary.
4. Write and publish timeless topics – those that will never be outdated. This will give you progressive traffic.
5. Invest time to make long, deeply researched and comprehensive blog posts.
6. Invest time to make 2 or more brief and direct-to-the-point blog posts in a day.
7. Use WordPress all-in-one SEO pack plugin for your blog.
8. Use friendly URLs for your website or blog. A SEO plugin will help you on this. WordPress will also help you do this task in a click. Do this as early as the launch of your site.
9. Always put a keyword-rich targeted and catchy title on your blog posts or web pages.
10. Always put a keyword-rich targeted description on your blog post or web pages.
11. Put the right keywords, tags and categories in your blog post or web pages.
12. Write topics that people are searching but no one is writing. I simply use Google search engine “I’m felling Lucky”. 🙂
13. Write articles on your expertise. You need to become the best on the topic that you write.
14. Make relevant comments on other blogs on your category. Use your real name (nickname) behind your URL and not your keyword; this will ensure that your comment will be approved and you will earn a new blogger friend.
15. Make a Facebook page and suggest it to all your friends. If you only have few friends, make new real friends.
16. Make a Twitter page and always tweet like a human being, not a robot.
17. Join other top social media sites, such as Stumbleupon, Digg, FriendFeed, Youtube and other sites to promote your blog. Don’t share unworthy links to these social sites.
18. Write articles and submit them to different article directories on the web. Don’t publish these articles on your own blog or website.
19. Join forums in your niche. If you’re in business topic, join as many business forums as you can. Promote your website or blog by putting its link in your signature.
20. Put nice and beautiful images in each of your pages or blog posts.
21. Always put related keyword in your image title, alt tag and description.
22. Spy on your competitors. Investigate why they are driving traffic more than yours. Examine their keywords, their most visited pages and their other strategies in attracting more visitors.
23. Spy on your own website or blog. Investigate any rooms for your site’s improvement.
24. Spy on yourself. Check yourself if you are being lazy, procrastinator or lacking skills. Have self-improvement. Read the blogs of the most successful business persons, website owners and bloggers in the world; be inspired and be motivated.
25. Answer and reply comments on your blog posts. Be nice and friendly. They are your traffic; value them.
26. Let your visitors subscribe to your RSS and send them updates. You can use Google’s Feedburner for free.
27. Giveaway items: coupon codes, free eBook or free consultation.
26. Hold a contest and reward your loyal visitors with interesting prizes.
28. Have a professional minimalist design. Make your font readable to soothe the eyes of your readers.
29. Submit your blog to blog directories or your website to website directories.
30. Build an xml sitemap for your blog or website.
31. Create an organized archive page to introduce your visitors to all your interesting contents or articles.
32. Make an interesting and complete “About Page”. Don’t hide from the darkness if you want loyal visitors.
33. Organize your inbound links.
34. Monitor your rankings, popularity, traffic statistics and website analytics. Do them regularly, but not too much often – if you don’t want to waste your time for being too much excited.
35. Consider investing money to hire and accelerate some of your SEO works so that you can focus on the other tasks.
36. Wait patiently. Natural and organic traffic will come at the right time.
37. Don’t stop from learning. Continue researching, experimenting and developing your knowledge and skills.
Do you have some free tips and tricks to share about boosting traffic on our websites or blogs? Feel free to comment. Thank you for reading this post.