50 Acts of Kindness You Can Do for Your Customers
There is a universal rule that almost every good religious and nonreligious organization in the world would agree – this is “do unto others what you want them to do to you”. This principle tells us that if you will show kindness, love, and compassion to other people, expect that they will also do the same to you. Also if you’re an employer or a manager, you can make your employees happy so that they may also cause happiness to you. And when it comes to your customers, helping them and solving their problems would also make them help you in achieving your business success.
However, you could always do good things to others and be happy with what you do without expecting anything in return. Previously, we have published a list of acts of kindness you can do for your workers. This time, here’s a list of 50 random acts of kindness you can do for your customers:
1. Say “Good morning” to your customers when they arrive at your doorstep.
2. Smile to your customers and share a happy environment.
3. Say “thank you” and invite them to come again when they leave your business premises.
4. Help your customers find a taxi or other public transportation vehicles when they leave your premises.
5. Entertain your customers or give them some books, newspapers or magazines to read while they are waiting.
6. Make sure your customers are comfortable and aided, especially the pregnant, senior citizens, injured or disabled persons, and the ones who are accompanying their children, when they visit your office or store.
7. Offer free coffee and refreshments to your customers.
8. Listen carefully and enthusiastically with what your customers are telling you.
9. Politely and patiently answer your customers’ questions and queries, whether they are online, at the telephone line, or personally at your office.
10. Give your customers some freebies.
11. Give your customers some cash or sales discounts.
12. Offer free delivery or shipping without charge for your customers’ orders.
13. Offer free product samples or free trial without asking for their billing information or without requiring them any commitment to buy your products in the future.
14. If the products they are looking for are not available in your store, be kind to direct them to other stores that you know are selling those products, even though they are your competitors.
15. Be honest to your customers and don’t promise something you cannot deliver.
16. Provide free training and seminars that you believe will be useful to your consumers in their day to day living.
17. Provide a customer help desk in your business establishment for more efficient customer assistance.
18. Stop spamming your customers’ email.
19. Stop spamming your customers on their social media accounts, like Facebook and Twitter.
20. Give your customers enough time to choose or make a good decision about buying any product.
21. Prioritize the quality and excellence of your products rather than your short-term profits.
22. Stop telling advertising lies just to persuade your customers to buy your goods and services.
23. Respect your consumers’ right or the laws of the land that are protecting them.
24. Maintain an environmentally friendly business to protect the place where your customers are living.
25. Help your community and donate cash or goods during calamities.
26. Comply or be certified with quality product standards to boost your consumers’ trust and confidence to your business.
27. Place a suggestion box in your business place to give consumers the opportunity to give their comments and feedback.
28. Pay attention to read those suggestions, and then take the necessary actions based on what you have read.
29. Be kind to your employees or staff so that they will also serve your customers with kindness.
30. Train your staff well so that they’ll be more competent to provide quality services to your clients.
31. Send warm greetings and wishes to your customers on their special occasions, like Birthday, Christmas Day, and other special days.
32. Boost your online presence so that your customers could reach you easily online. You may create a company website and social media pages, like Facebook and Twitter.
33. Conduct a free medical or dental mission for your customers and their families.
34. Disseminate important and useful public information to your customers and the public, such as traffic or weather updates.
35. Offer free power or charging station for charging your customers’ mobile phones and gadgets.
36. Provide free Wi-Fi connection to your customers.
37. Groom your staff to make your customers feel more valued and special.
38. Always have smaller bills so that you can always return your customers’ change at the right amount. And if you lack coins or bills, always make your customers get the excess.
39. Provide clean and comfortable separate toilets for men and women.
40. Provide breastfeeding area for your customers.
41. Make your business establishment cool, safe, and comfortable for visitors.
42. Treat all your customers well, whether they are new or old and whether they are big or small – don’t discriminate and break the hearts of your customers.
43. If you’re the CEO or the business owner, find a day to personally chat or give free consultation to your customers or clients.
44. Give some extra hour for your customers who are still on your office or store at the closing time.
45. Stop from making gossips about your clients and customers.
46. Protect your customers’ privacy and confidentiality.
47. Inspire your customers by sharing you secrets to your life’s success.
48. Say sorry and sincerely ask for apology to your customers whom you may have sinned in the past.
49. Be passionate, patient and diligent in consistently innovating your business to serve your customers better.
50. Encourage all the people in your business organization and every business in the world to practice kindness, love, and compassion to customers.
Remember that even a small act of kindness, when started and executed with all your heart, could inspire and influence a lot of people. It can cause a domino effect of kindness that could make our world a better place to live. Make a difference!